Brisbane Waters Good Day

tyrone07

Had mitch on bored and the plan was to find some big brisbane waters bream. Was a great day out. Started off with mitch pulling a bream of round 25cm from the first spot of the day. Were fishing for a bit longer when some wanker comes out youre not allowed withing thirty metres of moored boats. Oh well went over to some rock walls with racks along them. This is where the fun began i got absolutely smoked 4 times in this area all solid bream turning straight back. All day i managed 2 small bream and 2 choppers. Any way mitch on the other hand landed i think 4 legals and an alright little flathead. Mitch also got smashed by a good bream. Was on for round 5 seconds before it found structure. The way the bream were going they were solid bream. Anyway highlight of the day was fishing round a moored boat mitch says look at that there was a bream come right out and smack was good fun. Heres some pics

Heres another smallest fish ive ever seen on plastics. I need to learn some new knots to leader . Was good fun but no matter how many times we got smashed. We now know brizzy waters good bream exist. The amount of good hits we missed aswell was crazy.

Edited by tyrone07

Guest Jocool

Greta report Ty. Good to see you get into a few. Was that at the place you described to me?

some wanker comes out youre not allowed withing thirty metres of moored boats.

37525[/snapback]

Who was he, and what did he base his ruling on? I have never heard of that before. Can anyone verify?? :thumbdown:

Yeah joe kind of was we didnt actually go to that spot. The guy said even ring waterways and they will tell u thats the rules. He owns a waterfront property i think and he said something bout something happening to one of the boats in the area.

Edited by tyrone07

Guest Jocool
Yeah joe kind of was we didnt actually go to that spot. The guy said even ring waterways and they will tell u thats the rules. He owns a waterfront property i think and he said something bout something happening to one of the boats in the area.

37535[/snapback]

Personally I think thats a crock. I think he was having a lend of you. But I am going to make some enquiries myself. I'll let you know how I go.

Guest Jocool

No worries!

Just had a look at the waterways website, and this is what they had to say about distances off:

Distance Off

If you are operating a power boat at a speed of 10 knots or more on NSW navigable waters you must make sure that you keep well away from anybody or any object in the water, that is: any other vessel; a person in the water; a structure; the shore; a jetty; pile; mooring or bridge; in fact anything at all. There are Regulations stating the minimum distances you must keep from these obstacles. If you cannot keep these distances you must slow down to under 10 knots. The closer you get, the slower you go.

You must keep:

* 30 metres from any person or anything in the water when you are travelling at 10 knots or more;

* 60 metres from a person in the water, if you are towing a water skier;

* 60 metres from either side of a "designated surf zone" if you are driving a PWC; and

* 100 metres from a dredge or work barge, if you are travelling faster than 4 knots.

There are also special requirements if you are using aerial equipment, for activities such as para-gliding. Before using this type of equipment you should contact your local NSW Maritime Authority office for advice on any special restrictions that may apply.

To me, it sounds like a case of sour grapes. They guy thought he could bluff you out! :thumbdown: As long as you werent doing 10 Knots, you arent doing anything wrong!

I'm not saying that we should all go out and harress these people but its one of my pet hates! :1badmood: They think they own the water!

Last Sunday, Ken and I were drifting past a moored boat at The Basin, and a good for nothing bimbo on board pipes up and tells us to move as we were invading her privacy! :thumbdown: If she wants privacy, she should stay at home! I motored a bit further away cos I didn't want to cause a scene while I had a guest aboard, and she started yelping that it wasnt far enough!!!!

I know it may sound to some like I'm being arrogant, But I have just as much right as her to use the water! And I DID move a little bit further just to keep her happy!!

Guest Jocool
Joe that blondy, was she alright looking? You might have interupted her if you know what i mean  :risata:

37555[/snapback]

Nah mate...she was sitting on the deck with her fella! Just reading the paper! She just happened to have a bigger mouth than her hubby! :1prop:

That sort of rubbish goes on all the time. I copped it every time I fished a few pontoons in the canals here. I just ignored them & if they threatened with Waterways etc I would offer them the use of my mobile phone to save them walking back inside to call :1prop:

No one ever took me up on it. Provided you don't touch their boats or pontoons they can't do a thing. I think there is a ruling on inside marinas though.

In the end after all the whining from 4 people in particular I used to make a point of dropping my old man off at the ramp & ducking into the canals to throw around these peoples pontoons just to piss em off :1prop:

Most people were fine though & some used to tell me if they could see any bream or not so they aren't all bad.

There's always a couple morons.

Too add to Tyrones post, yeh brissy water today was a mad bream day...

I jetty fished today from 5:30am - 10am (South Kincumber), and picked up about 6 legal, and a heap of just smaller ones.. only kept my biggest one of 27cm pic below..

Also had a heap of BIG hits that got off, one took about 70 metres of my fireline, this was at about 5:45am so may have been a jewy. Scared the crap out of me

:risata: wasn't expecting a big fish to unravel me, but unfortunatley when i finely ajusted my drag and turned him, he broke off... oh well next time .

So I am hopeing the brissy water is starting to get some growth happening, its been awhile.

post-574-1111305364_thumb.jpg

Yeah we were not breaking breaking the law in no way possible. He said something bout this boat had to be taking out cos some fisherman cracked the windscreen. Yeah coast bloke if today is a sign even in the wind good hits all day lets hope it stays like this through winter.

Cheers for having me on board Ty, had a great day and it is a beauiful waterway to explore. Some big fish were lost but that's always the way :thumbdown:

At least we got into a fair few with a handfull of legals thrown in.

My best for the day came when I cast next to a pylon and a few small bream followed out. I saaid to Ty I reckon there could be a few holdin in here (An eddy with fast running water next to it) next cast saw a 33cm model follow my placcie out. I stopped the bass minnow about 20cm under the surface and in an instance it dissapeard with this bream heading back under the boat. A quick lift of the rod tip and it was on.

Great day out and looking forward to next time I get up there.

The guy with the moored boats....tosser. When he came out with his rediculas call about 30m away, I hurled a bit of abuse and told him also we are using an electric and If I want i'll go as close as I F?$%in want. But it was the last boat anyway so after my little outburst we just moved on

Mitch

Sounds like a great day guys. I knew there had to be bigger bream in Brizzy water than I was catching.

Any tips on where you were?? I think I know where you were in that pic of Mitch with the tinny fish. Were there any good fish there???

Definatly some good fish there Jethro, Tyrone got smoked a couple of times in the rockas around the leases and I pulled a few from the floating leases there. The place is teeming with nice beam just waiting to be caught

From time to time in Brisbane Waters there are outbreaks of theft from moored boats. I do not have one there myself, but know people who do. Some of the owners do get pretty touchy about people approaching their boats for that reason.

Still no reason to be rude and objectionable though, particularly to blokes who are clearly there to fish!

Guest bluecod
Personally I think thats a crock. I think he was having a lend of you. But I am going to make some enquiries myself. I'll let you know how I go.

37539[/snapback]

Too right! I have never heard of a bigger load of Sh1t in my life. :ranting2:

Since Australia was colonised, NSW tidal waterways have always been regarded as a public highway. Broadly speaking, the Maritime Authority administers navigation and may from time to time permit a waterway to be closed for an aquatic event or a very few government agency may lease part of a waterway for a specific purpose e.g marina or tourist development. Apart from these circumstances, outside the Ports of Sydney Harbour Botany Bay Newcastle Harbour and Port Kembla, provided you are observing the Navigation Rules that Joecool posted earlier and the navigation signs you may access any part of a waterway for recreational purposes. That was the short version - for a longer version citing case law PM me your daytime phone number. :badair:

As may sometimes happen, you can come across an idiot who wants to display their unjustifiable self importance to others. Treat them as you wish within legal confines and your sense of decency as fishermen!

Nah mark not for ages hey need to but. The reports of them there still going strong. Yeah we do seem to get a lot of wankers in brisbane waters. it is a shame and its not the first time its happened. Cheers boys now ive got a fair idea ill give waterways a call nxt time.