Boatox Gets A Makeover

mr magoo

Well done on the extreme boat makeover...... :thumbup: . awesome job . If you guys are making the new Aussie series pimp my boat , can the MUDSHARK be first........

Cheers John...

we would just fill your boat up with giant kill tanks! the amount of giants you catch!

and paint it camo just to keep it authentic!

and yes all equipment is marine but from what i here sony is no longer making any marine series stuff for the while.

boat is so much more stable now its amazing and the floor is so solid now. went out 2 saturdays ago in 40 knot wind and decent swell and got hammered (ask my brother) but the boat and the floor and equipment took it perfectly! but we did get soaked like fire hose soaked!

Well done fellas that boat looks fricken amazing!!

I would like to get my boat "pimped" out a bit to make it more user friendly and more storage added. If your looking for a couple extra $$s and keen to take a look at my 4.7m dehaviland be sure to send me a PM.

I think your amp is worth more then my boat :074:

Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great !!! Looks like some serious grunt in the sound system...thought about changing the name to doof doof ??? :thumbup:

Got a question...i'm just about to embark on a big winter project and part of it will be repowering and rewiring...i wanted to sneak an extra 10-20kilo's onto the back by adding hp and thought if i placed the batteries fwd and balanced either side of the middle i could kill two birds with one stone...less fuel consumption with easier lift out of the hole , and less weight down back so i could sneak the extra horses.

Those battery boxes look great but my only concern when thinking about doing it is the added vibration and pounding the batteries might get up fwd..batteries dont get much of it down back and i;ve been told it could shorten battery life (something to do with plates or whatever). I'd love to get that weight away from the transom as u have done so i guess its the only minor concern i have doing it.

Was thinking about simply whacking a simple slab of 10mm very high density EVA foam under each battery to act as a shock absorber. Did u fit aomething to compensate for the increased pounding by beinbg fwd ?..if not have you or anyone else struck any issue ?..or am i worried about nothing ?

cheers

steve

thanks mate

i haven't put anything yet to be honest but i will put something in the battery box and something under the battery box like foam or soft rubber to help with it, but my honest opinion is id rather replace them every 2nd year and have the space i want. i mean one of the batteries was already at the front and was just put under the floor and the third battery will be put int the box next to it. it doesn't seem to take to much of a beating where it is at the moment but i will put something to help minimize impact when i remember.

cheers Rob

• 2 months later...

Sounds like its not really an issue to worry about. I was down at clark rubber brookvale the other day and at the counter they had what they called "vibration pads" sitting up at the checkout which looked made for the job...that heavyhard black rubber in a criss cross pattern exactly the size of a battery. Might invest in some or stick with some of that thin high density foam.

I guess as long as u tie a battery down solid its not a huge issue...just wasnt sure.

i now added some rubber underneath the battery for impact, i also used a battery clamp to go on to 2 hook screws (full circle) to hold the clamp in place

post-6982-1249890935_thumb.jpg

post-6982-1249891004_thumb.jpg

post-6982-1249891033_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...