Wild Sydney Westerlies

olitay

Hi Raidsters, I did my usual solo mission today and braved the 25Knot Westerlies :( puching out to the Syd close FAD, upon arrival I was pleased to see I was the only idiot out there in those conditions but guess what, the Dollies were out in numbers.

I bagged out in 15 minutes then continued to catch em for about 20 more mins till they went shy. Got a little king about 25 cms and a sampson fish also. All caught on 7 inch Gulp and my new 4000 Stella! :thumbup:

Took me about 1 hr to get back to the heads as I was brunting the westerly head on!

Water temp was 21.7 deg at the fad.

Sorry no pics, once again it was hectic and i was solo.

Any how the dollies are out there, i think they are easily spooked by crowds though, best bet is chuck a sicky and head out on a crap day! chances are you will have the sea to your self.

Bloudy marvelous....

BillyD

Whats a story without a pic!!!, Sorry bout the posses, she gets excited when dad brings home dinner.

PS: the reel isnt hers!!

post-6621-1242367695_thumb.jpg

post-6621-1242367720_thumb.jpg

Edited by BillyD

Well done! Great way to blood the new 4000 Stella BillyD! :thumbup:

How choppy was it out there? Did you bring a few back to eat?

No excuse! Can you draw some pictures? :074:

Great report BillyD

Cheers

Peter

Well done! Great way to blood the new 4000 Stella BillyD! :thumbup:

How choppy was it out there? Did you bring a few back to eat?

No excuse! Can you draw some pictures? :074:

Great report BillyD

Cheers

Peter

Ha, ill get a pic of one on the BBQ tonight mate!

Ha, ill get a pic of one on the BBQ tonight mate!

Excellent! I'd also like to see a few reviews from whoever eats them! :074:

On a serious note, do you marinate them? Or do anything special with them on the BBQ?

Cheers

Peter

well done Billy,

any size?

Chris

There were plenty undersize but most were 50-65, I had to call the Fisheries hot line cause i dont have a sticker on my boat and i wasnt sure if the legal size was 60 or 65. I was please to find out it was 60, cause most were between 60-65.

There were plenty undersize but most were 50-65, I had to call the Fisheries hot line cause i dont have a sticker on my boat and i wasnt sure if the legal size was 60 or 65. I was please to find out it was 60, cause most were between 60-65.

Good onya Billy! Great session and braved some ordinary conditions for an excellent feed of fish. Top stuff! :thumbup:

Hodgey

Well done gets a bit tricky by yourself but double hooks are fun, interesting when trying to handle a video camera as well. I find the wind makes them spooky, calm days they stay on the bite longer and more ferociously, in the wind they get a bit funny. Always great fun though.

Excellent! I'd also like to see a few reviews from whoever eats them! :074:

On a serious note, do you marinate them? Or do anything special with them on the BBQ?

Cheers

Peter

Hi Pete, the one I cooked for my Girls tonight was very simple, I filleted it, put some olive oil, lemon a dab of butter and a pinch of salt, wrapped it up in foil and plonked it on the (pre heated) BBQ for few mins each side.

One of my favorite fish to eat fresh!

ooohhh, i may cook another one now. :biggrin2:

as for the review, well the 2 year old gave me a "tops dad" and the 4 year old just grunted! I think that means she likes it.

Edited by BillyD

Good catch!!! Its good it worked out for u with this howling westerly winds. Well I supposed ur gonna take back thinking of urself an I-#*t. Good job mate.

Hi Raidsters, I did my usual solo mission today and braved the 25Knot Westerlies :( puching out to the Syd close FAD, upon arrival I was pleased to see I was the only idiot out there in those conditions but guess what, the Dollies were out in numbers.

I bagged out in 15 minutes then continued to catch em for about 20 more mins till they went shy. Got a little king about 25 cms and a sampson fish also. All caught on 7 inch Gulp and my new 4000 Stella! :thumbup:

Took me about 1 hr to get back to the heads as I was brunting the westerly head on!

Water temp was 21.7 deg at the fad.

Any how the dollies are out there, i think they are easily spooked by crowds though, best bet is chuck a sicky and head out on a crap day! chances are you will have the sea to your self.

Bloudy marvelous....

BillyD

Whats a story without a pic!!!, Sorry bout the posses, she gets excited when dad brings home dinner.

PS: the reel isnt hers!!

good catch there mate,whats the marks 4 that fad

Good onya BillyD, great to find some time on the water to yourself, good catch of dollies, never eaten them myself due to fact I've never caught one but I believe they are a tasty morsel.

Nice pics of your little one she looks chuffed to have a pic taken with Dad's fish..

Cheers...

good catch there mate,whats the marks 4 that fad

Hi, they are on my sounder but you can get them from the fisheries website. Link is a the top of the FR wesite.

GOOD LUCK/

B