Anyone Use Teaser Poles

Hi guys

Wondering if anyone uses teaser poles while switch baiting?

Just got 2 teaser poles delivered and now on the hunt for suitable reels for them.

What do you look for?

top of the list so far are the Sealine SL600 or 900's. Just worried that the big ones to big and the little one won't hold enough line.

I'm thinking a 600 will hold around the 100m mark of 100-130lb mono. Should be enough as it's only a teaser isn't it?

Greg

Greg,

We used Miller teaser poles on In a meeting, all we had on them were TLD25's loaded with braid. We only used them for catching bait though, perfect for that as there are no guides to tangle the jigs on. Another use maybe? :1fishing1:

In regard to teasing fish though i reckon a TLD 30 2 speed would be my pick, don't be to bent up on spool diamater and ratio's just make the boys wind faster...he he he

Andy

Greg,

We used Miller teaser poles on In a meeting, all we had on them were TLD25's loaded with braid. We only used them for catching bait though, perfect for that as there are no guides to tangle the jigs on. Another use maybe? :1fishing1:

In regard to teasing fish though i reckon a TLD 30 2 speed would be my pick, don't be to bent up on spool diamater and ratio's just make the boys wind faster...he he he

Andy

Hello mate, long time no see bro!

You've found me over here from that "other place" hehehe

So you feeling better?

I got Ian to build me 2 of the 8ft 2 piece models. Look the goods.

I thought a standard style game reel would be heavy to play with and a star drag faster to drop back and stuff like that plus arent they ment to be locked up?

I can get the Daiwas at a good price so I can spend more on other fishy stuff!

About to send the Contender in again to do some more pimping like underwater lights and radar :thumbup:

G

Hello mate, long time no see bro!

You've found me over here from that "other place" hehehe

So you feeling better?

I got Ian to build me 2 of the 8ft 2 piece models. Look the goods.

I thought a standard style game reel would be heavy to play with and a star drag faster to drop back and stuff like that plus arent they ment to be locked up?

I can get the Daiwas at a good price so I can spend more on other fishy stuff!

About to send the Contender in again to do some more pimping like underwater lights and radar :thumbup:

G

These are ours on Broadbill ..Bill Heaton made them some years ago and they do the job well. We only tease with two lures and a bank of sqiuid or similar off the short rigger. The line runs through the centre

They do the job well... see photos

Roscoe

post-2782-1242808990_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1242809008_thumb.jpg

Greg,

Yeah I'm on the mend, well enough to go fish for spotted vermon up at Lithgow last weekend, how cold is that place. You'll be surprised how little playing you do with fish in a spread of teasers, more like get the teaser in and the bait out ASAP. If you can get Diawa's then that would be the way to go.

I mounted two reels of the tower on our boat and run them straight through the first ring on the rigger, gives me something to do...works a treat too

Just what your boat needs, more tricks and underwater lights, whats NEXT :thumbup:

Been scaring anymore snapper lately?

Andy

The best teaser reels we found were Penn senators in 9/0 or 6/0. Built like the proverbial outhouse and good powerful gear ratio. You will probably want a bit more than 100m as that disapears pretty quick on an unseen lineburner. Ilike 130lb also as its pretty hard to bust.

Nothing more fun than switch baiting and no not the cronulla sharks type :1prop:

Marlin

Another thing you may want to think about when setting up your teasers is what you are going to tease with

you favourite marlin lure with a massive cupped face may raise them but when your trying to wind it in as fast as you can it can cause a bit of an issue when it digs in hard : )

Thanks guys plenty to think about and more toys to play with.

Rosco, cheers for the pic!

Andy ya going to have to come out for a run once it's finished and complete with full fishing set and show me this caper, I have no idea but is something I need to learn. It's going to be a fun boat once done! Just have a few more outfits to arrive and finalise set up of props and engine heights. Wish it ran Hydrolic jack plates, would make set up easier and then in the smooth raise em up and take it back outside drop em down, that would be sweet!

Been some nice reds out off Sydney, worth spending a couple of hours on. PM me if you can come for a run on any monday.

G