" Kings " Botany Bay 27 / 05 / 08

dogtooth

Hi Everyone ,

It has been over a month since I last fished Botany Bay so I planned to have a look to see if any kingfish were still lurking around . My apprentice for the day was Mick and I was keen to get him hooked up to a fish as he fishes twice a year if he is lucky and had never fished with me before .

We set off early and went to chase some live bait , It was a struggle but in the end we had a handfull of bait .

The first bait was in the water for less than 5 minutes and the rod buckled and a 80cm king was boated….. :thumbup: It was now Micks turn on the rod and before he knew it he was connected to a kingfish it was soon boatside and netted it went 75 cm and was the biggest fish he had ever caught :yahoo: . We managed another 2 kings before we ran out of bait for the day .

As we started to head back to the ramp we found a school of fish smashing bait on the surface so we cast a few lures and pulled out 3 tailor the biggest going 50cms and lost some even bigger ones that threw the hooks , lots of fun on the 2kg rods ….

post-692-1243410420_thumb.jpg

80 cm King

post-692-1243410435_thumb.jpg

Micks 75 cm King Biggest fish ever . New PB

post-692-1243410468_thumb.jpg

Chopper Tailor

post-692-1243410485_thumb.jpg

post-692-1243410454_thumb.jpg

Cheers …… Dogtooth :1fishing1: …….. John :beersmile: …………..

Edited by dogtooth

Well done on the kingfish Dogtooth .....I'll bet you continue to use the old punt for old time sake even when you finish off the big game boat..... :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks again for that Hacking session John, it will be my turn to shout next time...

I would like to have seen what that unstoppable shark was, even if I had wire on I don't think another five minutes trying to get some control would have made any difference.