Found Tackle Kit - East Balmain

david88

If you were fishing in the past few days in East Balmain and have lost a berkley powerbait bag containing tackle do not despair, it has been found.

A number of people were eyeing it off contemplating taking it but i think the fact i was fishing near it made them think it was mine, one group of tourists even asked if i knew whos it was and if i thought it was ok for them to take the hardbodies.

I fished for a few houres and noone came to pick it up so i wrote a note with my contact details on a jig card and put it in a plastic slip weighed down by a few sinkers.. so far noone has called me.

If it was yours please PM me with the name of at least 4 items in it as proof that it is yours.

Cheers guys. Regards, Dave

Its good to see there are still some honest people in the world. Good on you david88 for not only doing the right thing, but also for protecting someone elses belongings from the vultures.

Hopefully someone will claim it from you and be very greatful that they still have all their tackle intact. The owner probably thinks that it is long gone, but hasnt come across a very honest raider.

Good on you mate, luckily there are more like you in this world and they are all members of ths fantastic site.

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Good on ya Dave :thumbup::thumbup: As others have said, I hope some good fishing karma is heading your way now ;) Having lost tackle in the past (and having some returned as well), I can sympathise with the poor bugger who has lost it

Cheers

Hodgey

An update guys.

I still have recieved no phonecall regarding the kit.

I went down today to see that the note i left is still there in its little plastic sleeve untouched.

I just cant believe someone would leave a kit that clearly would have cost a few hundred dollars there without noticing...

Maybe they were pulled out to sea by a massive bream!?!

An update guys.

I still have recieved no phonecall regarding the kit.

I went down today to see that the note i left is still there in its little plastic sleeve untouched.

I just cant believe someone would leave a kit that clearly would have cost a few hundred dollars there without noticing...

Maybe they were pulled out to sea by a massive bream!?!

If it was a kit with some decent lures in there that would indicate a dedicated fisho and i doubt such a person would not realise they had lost their prized gear. Maybe they couldn't be bothered going back to check and assumed that it was long gone already? Who knows.... :s

A good effort on your behalf nonetheless

Edited by monch

• 1 month later...

hey dave .

i'm the kid who lost the tackle bag. Im not sure if you remember me but i talked to you in propeller park that evening? anyway. in it is a little plastic box containing my hooks, sinkers, and some jig heads. there is another plastic box containing all my hard bodies. there are some gulp pumpkinseed soft plastics and black gold squidgees. and maybe a red knife, but im not sure if that was in there. anyway, can i have your number or something, cause it would be great to get it back off ya :thumbup: my phone number is 0431 274 077.

thankyou so much. and i can give you some cash for its safe return.

cheers. Mark

hey dave .

i'm the kid who lost the tackle bag. Im not sure if you remember me but i talked to you in propeller park that evening? anyway. in it is a little plastic box containing my hooks, sinkers, and some jig heads. there is another plastic box containing all my hard bodies. there are some gulp pumpkinseed soft plastics and black gold squidgees. and maybe a red knife, but im not sure if that was in there. anyway, can i have your number or something, cause it would be great to get it back off ya :thumbup: my phone number is 0431 274 077.

cheers. Mark

Hi Mark :1welcomeani: to Fishraider It's amazing how you were able to join our fishing site and find the post advising our members in general that a lost tackle bag has been found.... Going on the good range of lures that you have, you're certainly well advanced with your fishing for a kid and I am sure that your future fishing exploits will make good reading for our members and particularly our young members like yourself....

I suppose by now you have managed to send Dave88 the member who found your tackle bag a PM in the personal message section have you not ? or perhaps Dave has seen your reply and contacted you already ?...

This is quite a unique and a very interesting happening and I am sure that our members would like to see a good ending to this story, especially where a lost tackle bag owned by a kid is involved and being found by one of our members and then, fingers crossed finally being returned to its rightful owner..... :thumbup:

Let's know how everything goes or don't hesitate to ask our administration if you require any further assistance in contacting Dave88 as he may notlog onto the site all that often, I'm not sure...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

hey dave .

cheers. Mark

Gday Mark and :1welcomeani:

In case you are unfamiliar with the forum and what it offers, I have sent David88 a Personal Message on your behalf. He has not been online for 48hours but hopefully he will get in touch with you soon

Cheers

Hodgey

Well done Dave, what comes round goes round - I hope you & Mark can get together & confirm that the gear is his - also have a laugh/drink over 'lost tackle' ..... I know how it feels, having lost a container full of HBs in the past, hoping they would be turned in by a public minded citizen to the coppers, but not so!!

Could be a newfound fishing buddy! :1prop:

have a :beersmile: on me!

Cheerio

Roberta

hey dave .

cheers. Mark

Hey Mark, I have sent you a private message but i will post here too just incase you havnt figgured out the PMs yet.

just so you know i found the box aprox 2 weeks before i asked you guys at propellor park if you had lost it.

I am glad to finally find the owner.

im pretty busy with work and uni so i wont have any time until the weekend to drop it off, i assume you live around balmain so i can frop it at your place if you send me an sms with your address (0417372377).

Dont worry about giving me cash, im a firm believer in karma and i hope you will treat any found items the same way in the future.

I will admit though that I have had a fish with some of your hardbodys, i couldnt resist. I did replace the trebbles on a few too as they were pretty rusty and i figgured after having them so long they were mine.

Hope you have still been catching even without your stuff, it will be back to you very soon.

Regards David Esber.

:bump0ee:

:bump0ee: bump

I will admit though that I have had a fish with some of your hardbodys, i couldnt resist. I did replace the trebbles on a few too as they were pretty rusty and i figgured after having them so long they were mine.

haha!!!!!!!!! classic !