Rumble With The Jungle

What did you land Mundi?

38804[/snapback]

Bit of a heinz soup variety mix, Matt'll have some more pics when he drops in, poor bugger had to go to uni today, (with sore arms and sunstroke, was a long stinking hot day yesterday :1naughty: ) I got to sleep in and have a day off.

Had an absolute ball yesterday with Barry mundi and a mate out at Hinchenbrook and surrounding islands yesterday. It was a stinking hot, but beautiful day. We even swam on some fringing reef.

Plenty of fish were caught, mostly estuary cod, stripey, coral trout, largemouth nannygai, and other reefies. Barry mundi also took a nice GT.

Highlight of the day for me was this fella below taken on my light casting outfit. The fight was insane, with several spectacular leaps. It took loads of line so we had to chase it down with the boat. My legs were trembling like jelly, and my arms were about to fall off, but I finally managed to land him. 104cm Queenfish.

We hooked up to several more but a few were dropped and the others dusted us around the pylons. I had another one at the boat but I caught my leader knot on a guide and dropped him. What an idiot…. Ill learn from that mistake……..

Anyway, thanks again Barry Mundi for another fantastic day on the water……..

Matt

post-162-1111830649_thumb.jpg

Pedro, still sneak around the traps occasionally, been flat out lately so the ol internet doesn't get as much play time :biggrin2:

Still got the stinger wacko, she's going well, hopefully wacking on a bigger motor during this year. 60 up to 90 :1prop:

patl, that jetty is actually the southern end of the hinchinbrook area. Tis the sugar loader jetty out from lucinda. 5.7k long. From there we wandered over to Pelorus & orpheous islands about 10 mile out, (do able for barra type boats in good weather only). by the time you hoon around the islands over there it's probably a 40 to 50 mile day.

Good to see Matt getting a few, took him on a couple of barra trips & we skunked out, then he gets a couple on his own. good stuff. :thumbup: I've had a shocking run on barra this year :1badmood: , but the tide must be going to turn soon :1clap: , or I'll change my name to "Casting Practice Mundi" :biggrin2:

Barry Mundi

Great story and photos

I spent a few years living up that way.

Some of the best fishing for pelagics we ever had was around that area and cape bowling green further south. I left my fare share of lures and line around some of those pylons on the Lucinda jetty.

Here are a couple of mackos caught down south at Bowling Green out of a CCC punt that a mate of mine used as a guide boat

We also fished around an little island up the top of the island off Cape Richards I think...it could have been Iva or Eva Island I think.

We hooked some the biggest TV's up that way, didnt land too many but got smoked on 15kg big time. There was also some great Nth Blues, Mackos, Queennies, TV's etc...

Give that a go if you can get away from the channel that is.

Have a ball

Patrick

post-75-1112001304_thumb.jpg

Great report and great pics guys. :1fishing1:

I'm not only jealous of the fish, but also the fact you're wearing a t-shirt while catching it!

It's already a bit nippy down here and winter has come wayyyy too early for my liking. :(

Make sure you pack yer' woolies when you come down Matt - see ya' soonish! :1naughty::biggrin2:

Joe

Great report and great pics guys.  :1fishing1:

I'm not only jealous of the fish, but also the fact you're wearing a t-shirt while catching it!

It's already a bit nippy down here and winter has come wayyyy too early for my liking.  :(

Make sure you pack yer' woolies when you come down Matt - see ya' soonish!  :1naughty:  :biggrin2:

Joe

39160[/snapback]

Hi Joe,

I actually brought a few jackets up here with me, but surprisingly :biggrin2: , they havent got a start yet....... Its sooo bloody hot........... I think Ill be relocating them to sydney when I come down. Give you a buzz soon. :biggrin2:

Awesome queenie Matt, that muct have put the Alphas through it's paces.  :thumbup:

39273[/snapback]

Certainly gave it a workout. It handled really well. I was impressed. Although the drag was locked up and the line just kept peeling off!!!!!! Thought I was gonna get spooled until Mr Mundi fired up the motor..... :biggrin2:

I see youve been getting into the marlin! Looked like alot of fun! :thumbup:

Many people wouldn't call them marlin, "big garfish" may be more accurate... They were fun anyway and I'm pumped for some more.

The Alphas really isn't designed for that sort of fish. I bought mine to use on impoundment bass, bass all it's been seing is jews and kings.  :thumbup:

39281[/snapback]

Yeah I know. Its supposed to be my light barra outfit..... barra dont run far..... I couldnt resist the temptation to test it on the queenies though...... :biggrin2:

Guest bassifier

Well Mr Young, hope you have some spare fishing time while you are down here :1clap: btw.. whos the interloper on your NGeo :1naughty::1prop: I'll top him for a price :1clap:

Well Mr Young, hope you have some spare fishing time while you are down here :1clap:  btw.. whos the interloper on your NGeo :1naughty:  :1prop:  I'll top him for a price :1clap:

39411[/snapback]

Eh.... interloper..... you mean Daniel Macpherson???? He is guest presenter for april on NGpresents........ Had me on edge for a second there........ Will buzz you when Im down Richard! :biggrin2:

Guest bassifier
Eh.... interloper..... you mean Daniel Macpherson????  He is guest presenter for april on NGpresents........  Had me on edge for a second there........  Will buzz you when Im down Richard! :biggrin2:

39592[/snapback]

He he gotya!