Kurnell

addictfisherman

hey guys was just wonder if anyone fished at kurnell rocks before , and what kind of speices do you catch over there and is safe to fish on the rocks ?and would i be able to use lures such as poppers or spinners . As due to many trips coming home empty handed , needed to know if this spot is any good so would hoping to get a fish or two .cheers

salmon, tailor, drummer, blackfish, bream and more.

tailor, salmon, even king fish when they are on, pillies and gang hooks, even poppers, lures.

Drummer, burley with bread and fish with prawns.

Blackfish use a float and weed.

there are other types of fish as well.

FEW IMPORTANT RULES, rock cleats, ropes to tie your self from falling in, and even a swimsuit as it help boyancy if you should fall in and never go alone, yes its very dangerouse

Hi addictfisherman... In deciding to fish landbased off Kurnell I believe you have put a bit of thought into having a rock session and in my opinion you have made a top choice, in that good results have still been coming in from Botany Bay and the lower Georges despite the cold..... Even at this stage it appears there are a lot of mature fish spawning and staying in the area... I'm pretty sure that the early morning run up tide should fish quite well in general off the headland to make the effort to get there worthwhile..... It should fish still ok regardless of tide in the early morning and in the late afternoon..... After dark down there could get quite interesting, given the fact that a good number of fish are still in the area and are regularly coming in and going out to spawn in close....Still the best times to fish the rocks have always been an hour or so each side of daybreak and an hour before into a couple of hours after dark each side of the top......

The peak period you fish can be worked into alternate weeks when the am and pm tide suits either a high or a low tide.... In saying that, you get the same high or low tide at sun up and again at sun set on alternate weeks... It's a matter of which tide you find fished best in general in each particular season, in order to be able to ascertain when to go back and spend a few hours fishing the particular spot.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I dont bother using a sinker because of the amount of gear i lose is crazy :wacko: but i do get mainly tailor and reef fish like wrasse and groper off the rock. also blackfish and drummer. if your looking for bream or flathead move over to the groynes.

Goodluck

I dont bother using a sinker because of the amount of gear i lose is crazy :wacko: but i do get mainly tailor and reef fish like wrasse and groper off the rock. also blackfish and drummer. if your looking for bream or flathead move over to the groynes.

Goodluck

thanks for the info grouper , jewgaffer, and regarding to a.dawg i have looked on google earth there are some openings , which there arn't rocks infront of that and im guessin there wont be alot of snags compare to other platforms . but i am plannin to fish with float and livies on it . cheers

salmon, tailor, drummer, blackfish, bream and more.

tailor, salmon, even king fish when they are on, pillies and gang hooks, even poppers, lures.

Drummer, burley with bread and fish with prawns.

Blackfish use a float and weed.

there are other types of fish as well.

FEW IMPORTANT RULES, rock cleats, ropes to tie your self from falling in, and even a swimsuit as it help boyancy if you should fall in and never go alone, yes its very dangerouse

And never ever turn your back on the sea>

Its a good idea to go with someone who has fished the spot before.

Remeber there are :

- Old rock fishermen

_Bold rock fishermen

but,,,,,,,,

No old bold rock fishermen!!

Take care buddy and live long and report often!

Cheers

Chris