Beginners Luck!

jewgal

Talk about beginner's luck.

i read about people fishing for over a year without success chasing these beauties, but with the help of fellow raiders i tried a suggested spot in the main harbour (landbased) and scored these two jewies.

post-10879-1246962142_thumb.jpg

i caught the small one first and was totally ecstatic. i learned by reading posts on this site that they often swim in schools so i quickly threw out another bait (the squid i caught and posted about two weeks ago) and caught the bigger one. i couldn't beleive my eyes when i saw both of them on the rock in front of me.

thanks to all the raiders who replied to my previous post and sent me pm's. i wouldn't have even had a chance scoring these two without your help.

i still can't believe it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's it :1badmood: - im taking up golf!!!

Just kidding :1prop::1prop: I hate golf.

Well done - thats a great catch.

Not beginners luck - you obviously studied the art and it paid off - good on ya!

Looking forward to more posts!

Edited by tan the fisherman

Talk about beginner's luck.

i read about people fishing for over a year without success chasing these beauties, but with the help of fellow raiders i tried a suggested spot in the main harbour (landbased) and scored these two jewies.

post-10879-1246962142_thumb.jpg

i caught the small one first and was totally ecstatic. i learned by reading posts on this site that they often swim in schools so i quickly threw out another bait (the squid i caught and posted about two weeks ago) and caught the bigger one. i couldn't beleive my eyes when i saw both of them on the rock in front of me.

thanks to all the raiders who replied to my previous post and sent me pm's. i wouldn't have even had a chance scoring these two without your help.

i still can't believe it.

Well done mate. A little hard work pays off. 1 is good enough, two on the same night your shout!

that's it :1badmood: - im taking up golf!!!

Just kidding :1prop::1prop: I hate golf.

Well done - thats a great catch.

Not beginners luck - you obviously studied the art and it paid off - good on ya!

Looking forward to more posts!

he might be kidding lol but im not

hahaha but seriously great effort maybe we should have a session soon and i can see what ur doing right that ive been doing wrong haha

Gotta be happy with that! Not 1 but 2 on the first go. :thumbup:

Now you have the bug, there will be no stopping you.

Glad to see that raiders reports and tips are so helpful.

Can't wait to read the next report.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Good work jewgal don't be surprised if you get a lot of invites from our jew blokes when they see your photo :thumbup:

Don't worry about my avatar photo, I wasn't happy with the hair transplant :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Fantastic, congratulations. Did you get a measure or weight?

yes.

small one: 59cm and 1.1kg

bigger one: 71cm and 3kg.

they were caught about one hour after sunset yesterday. i'm not sure what the tides were but i think it was close to high.

Oh my gosh that is a dream run there, wish i had "beginners luck" too...

Self caught squid, prime feeding time, tide change and barometer rise... hmm maybe not so much "luck" after all. The overriding factor would of course be the guts to go out 2nite in this cold weather, without that, all the luck in the world would not have accounted for anything.

Great work and once again welcome to fishraider :yahoo: