Beginners Luck!

jewgal

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice mate - perseverance, fresh bait and good technique! :biggrin2:

I'm interested your comments about catching the Jewies in the main harbour. Normally I see posts of Jewies being caught in Middle Harbour. Did you catch them west of the Harbour Bridge, or closer to the heads?

I always fish around Cliffton and don't bother targeting Jewies because it’s too close to the heads.

Keep up the good effort now you've got the bug. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Leather

Congratulations Jewgal!!!!

A agree, there is enough info on this site to put you in with the best chance of catching a Jewfish. Well done.

See if you can work out what time the school swims past spot x. It will go one way as the tide rises and back again as it drops.

:1prop: Congrats on the score jewgal!!! Welcome to Sydney! Great way to start your angling in an area thats new to you..Looking foreward to more sightings.....Check with Jess the Yank @ Tom the Yank profile and gallery......Peace OUT ....Tom the Yank

Congratulations jewgal! :thumbup:

Anyone who fishes at night at the moment is a better "man" than me! :074: (Brrrr ... it's cold!)

And you've now caught two jews more than me! Can you give me some tips now that you're an expert? :074:

How did it feel bringing them in? You must have been pumped! The biggest problem now is that you've set yourself a high standard to beat. You've got to get three next time!

Cheers

Peter

NICE 1 jewgal

They both look about 60 or so to me, pretty darn good for a first.

My mate Nathan went for his forst the other night and he bagged 2 in the 45-50cm range on servo squid.

I think I was more excited than he was, and I wasnt even ont he deck with him... He just called me late the other night and sent me some piccies on the mobile-

Ahhh... I remember my first and I wil never forget it- I too am hooked on Jew!

Now you got the Jew-Bug you will never go back to other forms.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

WOO-HOO- STOKED!!!!

Hi,

Well done on the pair of jewies.

Are you keeping the jewels?

You should start a collection.

I have been saving them over the last few years as there pretty cool.

Sort of like porcelin or a lump of calcium. Heavy for their size.

I saw some recently from a 16kg model and there were polished almost.

Cheers

sensational stuff jewgal!!! your streets ahead of me cause i cant even catch squid for bait! dont they look magnificent when they first come out of the water and great eating at that size too - your a freak!!!!what a way to break a duck! well done i look forward to some more posts from you about your jewie adventures.

pete.

thanks for all the replies guys and girls.

As I sit here listening to the rain it looks like i was lucky to pick monday night instead of any other this week. The weather has been TERRIBLE.

i ate the first fillet yesterday and it tasted great. what is the go with dioxin in Sydney harbour? is it in jewies? i tried to look it up on fisheries but couldn't find it?

cheers.

Edited by jewgal

thanks for all the replies guys and girls.

As I sit here listening to the rain it looks like i was lucky to pick monday night instead of any other this week. The weather has been TERRIBLE.

i ate the first fillet yesterday and it tasted great. what is the go with dioxin in Sydney harbour? is it in jewies? i tried to look it up on fisheries but couldn't find it?

cheers.

Geez you're putting us all to shame here Jewgal. Well done indeed.

The word on Dioxine is that you shouldn't eat fish west of the bridge and limited numbers east, but I've also read about independent tests which show they're all relatively safe anyway.

No one I know worries about fish from the main harbour.

I'd love to know where you got those!?

Dave