Attendees List For Back To The Bay Social 2009

Flightmanager

mates, im in for botany bay social ? what do we catch? is this a comp or something cheers rommel

You've been added Bangus.

It's not a comp as such but sometimes our great sponsors come forward with prizes for a certain fish.

Usually Flathead, Bream etc. More to come on this.

Cheers,

Grant.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to come as well please. I'm as amateur as they come and will be landbased.

Pardon my naive question but what happens at a FR social?

Here is the report from last year's event mate. It may answer some of your questions:

Social 2008

Basically, turn up and register, then head off for a fish. A couple of prizes are on offer, which will be explained at a later date. Mingle with a lot of great raiders, swap ideas and seek advice, enjoy a BBQ and a softie ... and all it costs you is your time!

You have been added to the list

Cheers

Hodgey

Would you put my name down and also my friend Cungee George please ... I'll be fishing in my boat with Cungee George provided that my back is up to it by then, and we may do a night session at the Bridges before the social and come into Sans Souci in the early morning for a break like I did in the 2007 social.......

Cheers :thumbup:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Shaune and Digger + 1 have all been added.

This is a great opportunity for Raiders to catch up, have a feed and perhaps even get a fish or two. Keep the nominations coming in folks!

Cheers

Hodgey

Hi there,

Please add my name to the list.

I will be attending with Ray R who has already expressed interest.

Like Ray mentioned, If there is anything I can do to help out also just let me know?

Wild horses couldn't stop me coming to this Fishraider extravaganza.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Kind Regards

Mercer007 (Pete)

Things are progressing well for the Back To The Bay Social, however , there are a couple of items on our shopping list that we still need . If yuo could help us in this regard it would be greatly appreciated.

One of the reasons our socials go off so well is the generosity of our members , breakfast and lunch are provided FREE , but , as you can appreciate , feeding 100+ hungry raiders requires a fair bit of stuff .

If you are able to help in any way , you can find the link to our shopping list HERE. You can reply in this thread .

Thanks to you all ,

Ross

I'll try my best to be there and I'll bring along Pick-A-Box Syd too - his boat is much more comfortable than mine.

Mind you, I have to be honest and say it's going to be a bit overwhelming with all those "gun" fishos there - Swordfisherman, Flightmanager, Slinkymalinky, Ray R, jewgaffer and Cungee George, robeebee ... and worst of all ... that "Hodgey" bloke - just to name a few! However, I'm sure I can sabotage their efforts with a bit of careful planning! (If you have any ideas?) Personally, I think they all should be made to fish with their hands tied behind their backs to make it fair to all the other "average lazy fishos" like me.

Much to the relief of the fish in Botany Bay, I noticed some other top fishos haven't put down their names on the attendees list - Roberta, GregL, penguin, Ross Hunter, diver!, roosterman, chopper75, Jewhunter ... who, if they turn up, should be made to fish blindfolded.

And I almost forgot, everyone's chances of catching a fish will also increase if robeebee's dad and little Slinky stay well clear of the Bay.

Cheers

Peter

It should be OK , but it is imperative that you check with Seabreeze and the BOM before you venture out.

Last year was quite calm until about 4PM , when a southerly blew up , making conditions quite dangerous for small craft on the Bay .

Ross