Polycraft Boats, Anyone Used One

tafc010

G'day. i am looking at purchasing a Polycraft (plastic) 5.99m Cuddy Cab. I don't know anyone who has fished or thrashed one so I am asking anyone here who has had a go on what they are like. Will be used for Hawkesbury out to East Reef, Port Stephens out to Broughton and Culburra and out a ways, sometimes even the tribe will want to come so it needs to have a little comfort. Any help would be appreciated.

CYA

Geoff :thumbup:

Hi Geoff,

I have a Polycraft Frontrunner 4.55 and the hull is awesome, the ride and stregnth are incredible :1clap:

Go for a test run :thumbup:

I have had the same plastic ( polyethelene ) rainwater tank for 10 years and it hasn't changed ... check the pic!

Check the delivery times on the 5.99 before you order one because there were some supply problems due to huge demand.

Further info on poly boats can be found here ... www.polyboatowners.com

Anything else, just ask :biggrin2:

post-526-1112005524_thumb.jpg

Geoff,

not an expeert on the poly boats but I know a couple of guys with smaller one's who like them, just one thing I was shocked at :1yikes: is there weight in the bigger ones the 5.99 hull is 900-950kg and the package comes in at 1950kg same as alot of big glass boats just something to consider.

I did think that they would be a bit lighter but that is not a big issue. Delivery time is about 8 weeks which I dont mind either. It's just that this is a fair investment and I need to get it right cause I wont be able to just buy another one. :wife:

I want this to ba a fun thing and be able to take a couple of mates out if I want to, hence the 5.99 instead of the 4.55. I did laugh at the 4.55 specs, carry 4 people at an average weight of 75 kg :074: Any two of the mob that I call mates wii pin the total weight limit :biggrin2:

Anyways thanks for your replies, the exact quotes should come through today so we see which way we will go.

CYA

Geoff :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

We have had the Polycraft Challenger 4.1 side console for 2 yrs now and couldnt be happier with the way it performs and its soft ride and stability.

The colour of the boat has not faded and still looks as good as the day I bought it :biggrin2:

post-256-1188940797_thumb.jpg

Regards Swordfisherman

• 1 month later...

I fished in one in the old days when I was back at my old job and I must say that they ride well and turn in really well , so much so that I nearly fell out of it the first time I went fishing in it.

We called it the red sports car of the sea , it was just so nice to drive around.

I once took the 4.55 Poly out through the Bar at South West Rocks and scored my first Marlin in one.

post-4524-1192599059_thumb.jpg

I need to get more shots like this but next to a GoFish boat instead , all in good time......I wonder if they would do a Purple poly ?.

regards

GoFish Pete

Pete just "photoshop" the red one in the photo?

All i would suggest when buying a poly is consider the colour really well, as when they were on my 2nd hand shooping list i discounted a couple due to the hideous colours.

Just my 2c

I fished in one in the old days when I was back at my old job and I must say that they ride well and turn in really well , so much so that I nearly fell out of it the first time I went fishing in it.

We called it the red sports car of the sea , it was just so nice to drive around.

I once took the 4.55 Poly out through the Bar at South West Rocks and scored my first Marlin in one.

post-4524-1192599059_thumb.jpg

I need to get more shots like this but next to a GoFish boat instead , all in good time......I wonder if they would do a Purple poly ?.

regards

GoFish Pete

Thats awsome mate