Anyone Own A Daiwa Tierra Reel

Michael Hatte

Have 2 Tierra reels 2000 & 3000 size - never had that problem.

However, my 2000 size anti-reverse was slipping badly - might have got carried away with oiling the insides too much. Bought both reels second hand so had no warranty back-up. Bit the bullet, downloaded the repair form from the Daiwa website and mailed the reel off to Daiwa with specific instructions to call or e-mail me cost of repair before proceeding.

Did not hear anything from them for 3 weeks when I received the reel back in the mail fixed free of charge. Not saying this scenario will occur with everyone who deals with the Daiwa repair department but it's definitely an avenue you should follow up.

Have 2 Tierra reels 2000 & 3000 size - never had that problem.

However, my 2000 size anti-reverse was slipping badly - might have got carried away with oiling the insides too much. Bought both reels second hand so had no warranty back-up. Bit the bullet, downloaded the repair form from the Daiwa website and mailed the reel off to Daiwa with specific instructions to call or e-mail me cost of repair before proceeding.

Did not hear anything from them for 3 weeks when I received the reel back in the mail fixed free of charge. Not saying this scenario will occur with everyone who deals with the Daiwa repair department but it's definitely an avenue you should follow up.

Cheers for the info pmak, mines out of warranty to so i might give it ago..

Ive got a regal z 3000 that slips a bit but i guess they are not built for trying to pull kings away from channel markers, Poor thing cops a hiding!!!

Thanks again, Michael

got 2 tierra reels a 1500 and a 3000.... ive got the exact same problem with the 3000 the handle always comes a bit loose after a few casts, its a pain in the ass.... had it serviced by diawa came back the same way.

Jack

Hey jack spoke to a guy behind the counter at my local takle store yesterday about it and he is getting alot coming back to him..

Not a cheap reel either :ranting2:

• 10 years later...

REBIRTH THE DAIWA TIERRA LT 

Yesterday I bought the 3000 and the 4000, what attracked me to the reel was the 3000 has a 10kg drag and the 4000 has a 12kg drag, solid build!!!

Also another important part is the pice point, managed combos with the Laguna stick for $199 which is basically getting a $70 rod for $10 not a rolls royce rod but will do till i can upgrade although I think its perfect pice and quality for the reel.

Will come back and repost once i have used it for 6 months or so.  

IMG_2547.JPEG

IMG_2548.JPEG