Threat To Night Fishing In Lane Cove

Hi guy's n gals,

Have your say by filling out the feedback in reguards to "BANNING night fishing in lane cove from the wharves.

http://www.lanecove.nsw.gov.au/Living%20in...NightFishingBan

The link is below the last bullet point of the current issues.

Don't let one incident close down fishing in lane cove.

Education is the way for future fishing to continue, Banning is not a solution!!!!

Edited by crunchy

Hi guy's n gals,

Have your say by filling out the feedback in reguards to "BANNING night fishing in lane cove from the wharves.

http://www.lanecove.nsw.gov.au/Livin...ightFishingBan

The link is below the last bullet point of the current issues.

Don't let one incident close down fishing in lane cove.

Education is the way for future fishing to continue, Banning is not a solution!!!!

This what I found on the link. I dont know if its just me.

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:

•There might be a typing error in the address.

•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

This what I found on the link. I dont know if its just me.

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:

•There might be a typing error in the address.

•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

http://www.lanecove.nsw.gov.au/Living%20in...NightFishingBan

try this

This just goes to show what some inconsiderate people can do to ruin it for everyone,sounds like it probaly needs to be monitored by the council to be rid of the trouble makers that make the mess.If it's not sorted quickly it could end up like clifton gardens adirty & trouble spot, which is now reguarly potrolled by police & fisheries & is now slowly coming back to being a good spot day & nite time & is quite clean to picnic & fish.As usual it's always the 1 or 2 that ruin it & if u say something to them it becomes more trouble cause they argumentive with u then the fights start to happen which is what u dont wont to happen.

anyway thats my rant

john

survey done ................ fingers crossed

I'm surprised that this hasn't come up before now

not just here but at other landbased sites

Maybe it's the efforts that Fishraider members put

in to try an make areas clean and safe that has

helped delay it

if it wont open in one link try the others

A bit of consideration goes a long way :thumbup:

Chris

Mate unfortunately some people lash out when you suggest for them to clean up after themselves, so rather than a confrontation many people will steer clear and not say anything.

I reckon signs with local cop shop number (for reporting hooliganism, drunk and disorderly conduct and littering), fisheries (for those keeping undersized fish and having too many lines) and also live cameras streaming to local authorities would be worth the additional money in the infrastructure and set up costs.

Maybe also add those places to the police checks am pretty sure the culprits will eventually get caught and random fisheries inspections on licensing and catch checks cause I do see a lot of undersized fish left at some places dead and no-one will claim them.

Have picked up 6 undersized bream from a young couple one night at cabarita wharf, I saw them catching them, then just leaving them on the deck to die, then they got up and left.

Same couple also left a 6 pack of empty beer bottles, an empty champaigne bottle and misc hooks, sinkers and leader material- all cleaned up by my mates and I (there were 3 of us) and the worst part is my mates knew the couple from Uni- I friggin hope that said something to them.

later that night the cops showed up and threatened all 3 of us with "littering" unless we left.

We tried explainging the situation but they didnt want to listen, so we left without any fish except the dead ones which we threw into the drink after they left.

Such a waste....

well ive put in my 2cents worth.

look i relise there are bad apples out there but really ,if you buy property next to a wharf what do u expect .

its like when these idiots buy cheap property next to a pub and then complain about the noise .or those resedents that bought units next to luna park and now they dont like the noise .

if there are yahoos making to much noise call the police ........

is there appropriate signage up ????????

I live on wiloughby road and there is alot of traffic noise so what should i do complain to council to stop traffic between the hrs of 6pm and 8 am .......

i keep quiet when i fish such areas and i respect the privacy of these people but REALLY havnt these people got better things to do .

someone twisted there ankle on some rubbish well LOOK WHERE YOU ARE WALKING .

craig

" Mate unfortunately some people lash out when you suggest for them to clean up after themselves, so rather than a confrontation many people will steer clear and not say anything."

I used to say stuff to wharf fisho's about their fish and cleaning up etc. My pet hate is the fishos that leave hooks and bait around. I have had to remove hooks from my dogs mouth before because some dickhead left pilly with hooks in it on the wharf.

I remember the last time I comented on a pinky the size of a mobile phone coming in. Caught on a tiny hook the poor thing was gut hooked. I told the fisherman and his extended family who were fishing that it was an undersize fish. He looked at me like I was crazy, he then asked me how big it must be. I said a shed load bigger. The guy said no worries but I need my hook and proceeded to cut the baby snapper in half with a pair of scissors to remove the hook. I called him a fxxixng this and an older gentelman he was fishing with told me to **** off or he would do the same to my dog. Reported to fisheries and police but of course nothing happened. Took down the number plates. In my younger days i would have popped every tire in the car park to make sure they never came back, thankfully I am a bit more mature now and realise that 2 wrongs dont make a right.

I could not get the page open!

Jimmy,

Try again using the direct link I posted ...

I just tried myself and both links are working fine- maybe a systems issue

If you are still unable to access the weblink aybe delete all your temporary internet files and cookies as maybe your browser might have a corrupted temp file or something like that

Alternatively you can do the following:

To have your say, send a submission to The General Manager, Lane Cove Council, 48 Longueville Rd, LANE COVE NSW 2066 or fax: 9911 3600 or email: lccouncil@lanecove.nsw.gov.au. Submissions close 20 November 2009.

Hope this helps mate

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Craig

mate not seriously haveing a go at you and I know where your comments are coming from but teh councils are usually a reasonable judge of teh community in that if it is just a whinging resident they have ways to seem like they are doing something but not really do anythig. In other cases they take action as there is regular disturbance and so on and it looks like that is what is happening.

I many years ago specifically gave up fishing wharves as they were easy picking for the sorts of knobs who leave rubbish ,threaten peopel, drink piss ,make unneccessary noise and I didn't want to be associated with them or there fishing.

To think of all the enjoyable nights I had as a kid and tenager out late having a fish on a wharf or just going for a walk along the foreshore and the quiet canny local old blokes who showed me a few tricks and made it safe by just being there. All that will be lost as the Police fisheries and Rangers are not prepared to enforce the law against offenders and instead we have a Council who sees it as a easier ( cheaper , less time consuming , less resident anger , more votes) to ban the decent peopel and never catch and fine teh scum who are not being part of a community.

It's a community and crap behavious should be banned / enforced and people respect places a bit more and respect others rights as well. Guess that education starts at school and home and if not there should be enough Police and Rangers to protect the rest of the community not restrice everyone just because of a few.

Lodged a email to the council as teh survey is a bit lame and doesn't carry a lot of weight. Hope fishing retailers and clubs do teh same

Maybe the banning of alcohol on the foreshore is more appropriate after dark as the first step?

well ive put in my 2cents worth.

look i relise there are bad apples out there but really ,if you buy property next to a wharf what do u expect .

Mate the people bought a house next to a wharf , they didn't specifically buy one and request careless inconsiderate scum to litter and be noisy outside their house

its like when these idiots buy cheap property next to a pub and then complain about the noise .or those resedents that bought units next to luna park and now they dont like the noise .

So often with pubs they are limited in times and opening hours , live music etc and they are set out in LEP and licensing documents . It has been now shown they publicans have a duty of care to stop noise, unruely behavious etc outside their pubs by their patrons. You see it isn't just teh neighbour it is teh other residents 3 bloks away that are the perfect walk for vomit in their front yard , yakeaway bottles left on front lawn etc that have issues. They bought 3 blocks away. Yes they have bought next to a commercial premises but behavious standards and laws don't change due to teh premises zoning they are universal and apply to all of up everywhere. I think a video of any of us when pissed shows how inci=onsiderate anyone can be under the influence

if there are yahoos making to much noise call the police ........

is there appropriate signage up ???????

No there usually isn't - we all know 000 and I feel councils should do better sinage as well

I live on wiloughby road and there is alot of traffic noise so what should i do complain to council to stop traffic between the hrs of 6pm and 8 am .......

Up to you really , your success would be possiblty if the noise was being generated by vehicles that shouldn't be there ( large trucks if there is a weight limit, no compression braking etc etc) or the speed of vehicles. Many residents and councils have lobbied for changes be it speed humps , vehicle weight signs and so on so their quality of life and property value etc Usually have more sucess if it a local govt funded road as all teh other traffic costs them in the long run with extra maintainance so they act early as replacing road surface is too expensive if they donn't fix roads not built for the extra load.

Now just cause you live on a main road and it's noisy if I became you neighbour does that mean I can have the stereo on all night up loud disturbing you? Perhaps it would be fair to get a few mates and park out front in the doof doof machines.? No of course it isn't!!

i keep quiet when i fish such areas and i respect the privacy of these people but REALLY havnt these people got better things to do .

You mean like try and sleep while people break bottles and suck or leave the litter so their kids can't go down onto the wharf in safety??

someone twisted there ankle on some rubbish well LOOK WHERE YOU ARE WALKING .

Yeah i gotta say that everyone is always after someone to bame these days as then they can claim and a hell of a lot is expected of the councils etc ( not as if they an have a garbo and Ranger there 24hrs a day) who can't be everywhere and fix everything instantly no matter what they get paid. It's a compromise and the community has to play it's part along with residents and visitorstaking a bit of care

craig

Hi Craig

mate not seriously haveing a go at you and I know where your comments are coming from but teh councils are usually a reasonable judge of teh community in that if it is just a whinging resident they have ways to seem like they are doing something but not really do anythig. In other cases they take action as there is regular disturbance and so on and it looks like that is what is happening.

I many years ago specifically gave up fishing wharves as they were easy picking for the sorts of knobs who leave rubbish ,threaten peopel, drink piss ,make unneccessary noise and I didn't want to be associated with them or there fishing.

To think of all the enjoyable nights I had as a kid and tenager out late having a fish on a wharf or just going for a walk along the foreshore and the quiet canny local old blokes who showed me a few tricks and made it safe by just being there. All that will be lost as the Police fisheries and Rangers are not prepared to enforce the law against offenders and instead we have a Council who sees it as a easier ( cheaper , less time consuming , less resident anger , more votes) to ban the decent peopel and never catch and fine teh scum who are not being part of a community.

It's a community and crap behavious should be banned / enforced and people respect places a bit more and respect others rights as well. Guess that education starts at school and home and if not there should be enough Police and Rangers to protect the rest of the community not restrice everyone just because of a few.

Lodged a email to the council as teh survey is a bit lame and doesn't carry a lot of weight. Hope fishing retailers and clubs do teh same

Maybe the banning of alcohol on the foreshore is more appropriate after dark as the first step?

i agree with this above but sorry i do not agree with your comments down below .ie sydney pubs that use to have live music licences but now dont because NEW purchases bought very close to the pubs and then complained about the noise .........

being a musician i have seen the decline in this industry over the last few decades . it sux

in queensland when these people did this [ complained to council about noise ] they were rightly told , well what do you expect you bought near a pub .melbourne the same .

craig

Edited by craigtempo

Update Ladies and Gents,

Lane Cove Council has agreed to stop further proceedings on request from the RFANSW, the update I was give is the following people will be meeting with LCC ASAP to discuss options and prevent banning of fishing from the area:

Malcolm Poole

Chairman

Recreational Fishing Alliance of NSW

Bryan van der Walt | Senior Manager, Recreational Fisheries | Fisheries Resource Management

Industry & Investment NSW |

Brooke McCarthy | Fisheries Manager | Recreational Fisheries Management

Industry & Investment NSW |

Craig Morrison

Coastal Projects Officer

Neil Mudge

NSW Maritime

Max Castle

Vice President RFANSW

Please, I ask if you fill out the form online to keep comments under wraps and keep it simple (KISS theory...) until the members rallying for us have met, and discussed what further options are available while keeping all of us fisho's and the wider community happy.

if and when I have more info I will post again.

Thanks for the responses and thanks to everyone who filled out the petition online, its great to see fisho's rallying for the greater good of our sport so future generations can enjoy this past time the same as people like you and I.

Many thanks

Anthony

(Jewiehaven)

Edited by jewiehaven

So, I got into work today and I saw this on the front cover of the local paper (North Shore Times).

There is an article on Page 4 (also attached).

Just an FYI- this is causing quite an upheaval locally with fisho's going head to head with local residents

Enjoy the read, and dont forget to fill in the petition :bump0ee:

post-2272-1251852732_thumb.jpg

post-2272-1251852742_thumb.jpg

I have added a link to the online article.

http://north-shore-times.whereilive.com.au...rf-fishing-ban/

You may also wish to add some comments there. There is already one comment which is quite negative so it might be nice to share some 'good news stories' if you will.

Cheers mate, I as just about to put up the link myself, but you saved me the typing :)