Benson Humiliated On 1 Kilo Line.

Anti-Carp

What bait and rig would you use for carp fishing, I often see them in some of the places I go and would give it a go..Back in the UK we would use sweet corn, bread or specalized carp bait, any different over here?

Cheer

John

Edited by Jonas77

What bait and rig would you use for carp fishing, I often see them in some of the places I go and would give it a go..Back in the UK we would use sweetcord, bread or specalized carp bait, any different over here>

Cheer

John

load a number 1 hook with corn kernels mate , they love them, use some to berley up as well

What bait and rig would you use for carp fishing, I often see them in some of the places I go and would give it a go..Back in the UK we would use sweet corn, bread or specalized carp bait, any different over here?

Cheer

John

Baitwise we use bread, corn or beef heart for carp we some times get them on small plastics and as the water warms up and the fish feeding on the surface we'll be targetting them on bread flies.

Rig's we keep them very simple with 1 or 2 lb braid main line with a 60 cm 4lb fluro carbon leader to a size 6 or 8 hook.

We've seen a few people coarse fishing around here, but i've never seen them land a fish.

• 1 year later...

im pretty sure in europe they eat the carp pretty much widespread over alot of countries, guess they just drown it in herbs/spices or sauces

:wine: Ivz

They quite often keep them is very clean water for a day or so after taking them out of the muddy water and it flushes out some of the muddy flavour, then you have to get through the bones - apparently they're very boney. As an eating fish they make really good fertilser.

Cheers