Out Riggers

just a quick question raiders has anyone tryed the aluninium telescopic out riggers

what is the best telescopic aluminium or fiber glass

or is best to stick to one peace glass or composte

cherrs gary

Hi Gary.... it would be a good idea to send Steve / Ungry Warnie a pm.... I'm sure Steve would know everything there is to know about chosing the best outriggers to get hold of and he would be able to explain the advantages of using one particular type of outrigger over the others ...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

• 2 weeks later...

you keep saying that shaun but you never ring :074: mate are you going to port in feb it would be fun but rossco tells me the boat is filling fast lala has'nt gotten back to me on feb do'nt wont to go up on my lonsom

kane and sal lets go marin fishing and mitch you can bring the vid from last trip :074:

seriously lads lets get the old crew backtogeather and fish for some bill

gary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One piece glass is the way to go.

I have two piece glass outriggers and had to tape the join cause in rough weather they tend to loosen and slide down.

Ive always heared that alloy ones are no good but Ive never used them.

Alloy ones are used by most of the 40ft plus game boats and are in a different league all together, but your looking at $10k for a set of Rupps, for smaller boats say upto 25ft I'd go two piece fibreglass, less flex and they don't slide down on themselves, if you have one piece and your on a trailer your going to struggle getting home under trees etc its a nightmare trying to find space to lay them down too, just a thought.

Cheers Tobe

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks raiders for all your input that's why I love and support this site as all the members are very giving with experiences and products used.

I have sourced two lengths of poles 3 metre one piece and 4.5 metre two piece and have ten of each in stock. If any one is interested in a pair of these quality custom made outriggers just send me a pm for prices.

These poles are stiff and black in colour and made by one of the top composite companies in the world

If I could have sourced these poles by an Australian manufacturer I would have but the only company in Australia to do poles moved off shore early last year but I tracked them down and did an import deal!

Cheers

Gary Bricknell

Thanks raiders for all your input that's why I love and support this site as all the members are very giving with experiences and products used.

I have sourced two lengths of poles 3 metre one piece and 4.5 metre two piece and have ten of each in stock. If any one is interested in a pair of these quality custom made outriggers just send me a pm for prices.

These poles are stiff and black in colour and made by one of the top composite companies in the world

If I could have sourced these poles by an Australian manufacturer I would have but the only company in Australia to do poles moved off shore early last year but I tracked them down and did an import deal!

Cheers

Gary Bricknell

Hi all,

Speaking of Outriggers, id like to add some outriggers to my boat, pictured below.

I fish bermi every now and then, and id like to increase my spread from 2 to 4.

My question is, would it be best to add the out the outriggers directly to the centre console, or could i get a T-top made up for some shade and attach to it?

The things im worried about is the size of the poles in relation to a 5 meter boat and also if the poles would be hard to manage (rig up) if connected to the T-top.

Id like to have both the outrigger poles and the T-top removable for the days they are not needed, but the T-top strong enough to hold onto in the rough without buckling if that makes sense.

Any advice would be appreciated, again.

Cheers

Gorms

post-8018-1258455119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gorms

gorms I think it's up to you where you mount them but by the look of your boat it appears to have 3 gunnel mount rod holders each side

If you replace the ones towards the front with our heavy duty rod holders that would be a good place for the outriggers

Why I went down the path of outriggers that fit rod holders was it seemed no one was catering for smaller boats and the price of most good quality outrigger setups was way too high for the smaller boat owners

I'm by no means an expert on outrigging or even gamefishing but I love all fishing and will give it a crack every now and then

The boys with the big toys can afford to pay $1700.00 to $10000.00 for outriggers

Our setup starts at $600.00 and I imported the poles direct from the manufacturer and there are no middle men to mark up the price

As for the tee top mate, bring the boat down to the factory and i'll do you a quote we can make it as strong as you require no problems

Cheers Gary

Hi Gorms.

I got a alloy rocket launcher bent up for my boat.

When they di so I got them to put one rod holder in each top corner on an angle facing out.

I then got 2 x 25mm lengths of alloy pipe and set them up as outriggers.

I slot them into the angled rod tubes and have pulleys and a clip on the deck.

Cheap and not as flash as the true ones but very functional.

Rowan

• 4 months later...

Hey all, I am new to the forum so hello to everyone and it will be nice to talk to you all.

Gorms,

Mate I have a 4.2 metre open tinnie with 3.5 metre outriggers on it, they are gunwale mounted the pair cost me about $250 total to make out of two heavy surf rods or you could go buy the actual poles. The mounts are full adjustable stainless rod holders, as for the T-top it is the way to go as for fishability with respect to being in such a small boat you want to be able to move around the boat. If it was me and I was able to put the riggers on a T-top I would, you don't have to spend alot of money on your riggers get the T-top sorted first if you are going to do it. Another point you may want to factor in is the weight of the outriggers, my 3.5m poles weigh next to nothing so be careful not to go to long you only need to get outside of the wash from the boat. It is bit of a fine line you can get away with a bit in bigger boats but the gap gets smaller in the little boats good luck with it.

If you need any help feel free to ask.

Dave

post-13647-126940926797_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Baker