Weighing In Fish At Bb Social

monch

Hey guys, i would like to ask for clarification on a point regarding what counts as a caught fish during the botany bay social. Do we need to bring the actual fish back to HQ for an official measurement or does a picture taken with a camera on a brag mat count?

The reason i am asking this is because i like to practice catch and release and in the event that i happen to catch something such as a large flathead, i would very much like to release it safely and unharmed. Bringing a fish back to HQ to get it measured before releasing it would decrease its chances of survival.

If its a strict requirement to officially weigh in fish then i will be willing to bring the fish back to base camp, measure it and hopefully it will still be fit for release after the ordeal.

Monch

Monch, there are a lot of fishraiders who share your values on catch and release.

Unfortunately to be in the running, your fish needs to be sighted and measured by one of the officials at HQ.

We have had many a raider catch thumper fish at the socials and they have all been able to release them safely after measurement.

You do not have to wait until the end of the fishing to bring them in, this can be done at any time through out the day, so if you catch a good one within the first few minutes, bring it straight in, have it measured and registered, release it either at the beach near HQ, or as one member did a couple of years ago, take it back to where it was captured and then release.

Hope this helps, see you Sunday, dont forget to register before you go out, and also enjoy breckie with us all.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager