Back To The Bay Social - Official Report 2009

mrsswordfisherman

Another great Fishraider social, congratulations and thank you to the admin and mods team for organising a fantastic social event!! :thumbup:

Well done to all those who managed to catch a few fish - especially the juniors, top stuff!

I tried in vein to show Blood Knot how well "the Cooks" can fish but it was not to be and we returned empty handed.......oh well, better luck next time. It was nice to meet you John, thanks for the company.

See you all at the next social.

Thanks heaps!!!!!

Smitty...

Thanks to all involved in putting this event together, it was a great event

as usual, I cant compliment the chef (Flightmanager) enough, the food was

fantastic and very much enjoyed by my crew. Stewy, Donna, Mrs Flightmanager

and others all did a fantastic job.

The fishing for us was a little slow. The Trevs were hard to come by, we only

managed 3 for the day at Trev alley. The oil wharf had small Tailor on offer, boy

they were a pest, we left them quick smart as no legal specimens were caught.

Watts Reef had a couple of good size cephs to give us. We took them over to one of

the channel markers where we sounded a big school of fish there earlier, we had

dropped baits on them earlier but the school didnt wanna know. So now armed with

our squid we dropped one down into the middle of the school which was still there.

Instant hook up, any thoughts that we had found Kings was quickly dashed as the fish

fought like a wet blanket :( . We pulled in a well over 1mtr PJ shark :( . My kids enjoyed

the close encounter even though my decky George and I didnt. We foolishly sent down

our 2nd squid and the result was the same, another smaller PJ. :05: We had converted

to delicious squid into 2 inedible PJ's :ranting2:

Anyway it was an enjoyable day out there with my boys who dont get to fish much with

me anymore as I prefer to fish midweek and they are at school.

Cant wait for the next social guys. :yahoo:

Some pics

post-1664-1252923782_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1252923807_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1252923832_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1252923858_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1252923973_thumb.jpg

Looks like a good day was had by all. Unfortunately, I didn't earn enough brownie points... :1badmood: Or more likely, I used them all up! :)

As it turned out, we drove to Nowra to support one of my soccer club's teams in the Champions of Champions and cheer on our friends' kids. It would be inconsiderate of me to wish that they didn't win the Grand Final so tyhat i had that weekend free, wouldn't it?! :)

I will get to a Fishraider social one day!

Baz

I wasn't able to fish myself unfortunately but Shirley and I and our grandson Little Jewgaffer made it down in time for the presentation......We enjoyed ourselves very much, ate some tasty food nicely cooked by Ross and seeing so many happy faces made it a really nice day for us... I managed to catch up with quite a few old friends down there and managed to meet some other members as well......

Well done Stewy and Donna for all the organising work involved and thank you to the moderators and our good hearted sponsors and also all those who assisted in making this year's Botany Bay Social another memorable one :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer, Shirley and Little Jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

what a great day it was we should have events like that in our life more often nice weather,good company,lots of fun,and fishing to top it all off cant wait for the next social,thanks to everybody that got involved with it :1fishing1: