Sign in to follow this  
frankp

Browns 15th Or 16th

The weather seems to be shaping up nicely for a trip out.

Will probably do an early jig session at the 12 mile, then have a drop at browns and probably an afternoon cube session for makos or YFT.

I have heard that the blue eye have made an appearance so that seems hopefull, has anyone heard anything about any tuna that may be about with the good water that has pushed in.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Frank, I will be heading out to browns Tuesday and wednesday also weather permitting. I have found in the last 2 weeks that the plague proportions of gemies have dropped off and as a result we have been catching more blue eye. :thumbup: Havn't heard of any fin but last sunday we got a albie trolling NE of browns and cubing has only attracted makos.

Cheers Mike

Mike thanks for teh report, sounds promising as least from the point of bottom bashing.

Weather permitting well be out tomorrow, what boat do you fish from.

Well be in a green trophy " annetta"

Hi Frank, the weathers looking good so we are heading out from port hacking at 6.00am should be at browns by 7.15am. I will in a red and white 7.5m plate boat called fishbone, good luck and see you out there.

Cheers Mike

Yeah well be out to, probably leaving around 8.30 to 9.

Good luck.

Edited by frankp

Hi Guys, went out with a mate andrew and fellow raider shawn (SPONOT) got to browns and tried bottom bouncing straight away which we found very slow but still managed all up 2 blue eye and 3 gemmies and saw 1 shark cruising the surface which we had no luck with. We started to cube about 3.30pm NE of browns and by 4.45pm had our first run, andrew took the helm and half an hour later we had a estimated 150kg bronze whaler close to the boat when he sniped us off. :ranting2: It was a surprise to have him on for so long as we hooked him on mono. We kept the cube trail going the hole time and 15 minutes later shawns tiagra was screaming but not for long as the shark must of swam back over his mono and sniped him off. We deployed 2 more shark and 1 tuna rigs out and not long again the tuna rig was sreaming but pulled the hook straight away. :1badmood: To our surprise again minutes later my tiagra was screaming so I let him run a bit then hit strike this was a solid hook up but 10 minutes in to the fight I felt his body thrushing on the line and that terrible feeling soon after he's gone. I think my wire trace was a bit short so now on all my shark rigs I make will be a least 5m long, still cant believe the score sharks 4 us 0.

Just wondering frankP did you have any luck as mate got 2 albies on the cube east of browns.

Cheers Mike

Bad luck Mike - sounds like the last time i went out to Browns with you when it was 5-0 to the Sharks!

At least you got a few fish for your troubles.

Hoping to get out with you soon :1fishing1:

Cheers

Jim

Hi Guys, went out with a mate andrew and fellow raider shawn (SPONOT) got to browns and tried bottom bouncing straight away which we found very slow but still managed all up 2 blue eye and 3 gemmies and saw 1 shark cruising the surface which we had no luck with. We started to cube about 3.30pm NE of browns and by 4.45pm had our first run, andrew took the helm and half an hour later we had a estimated 150kg bronze whaler close to the boat when he sniped us off. :ranting2: It was a surprise to have him on for so long as we hooked him on mono. We kept the cube trail going the hole time and 15 minutes later shawns tiagra was screaming but not for long as the shark must of swam back over his mono and sniped him off. We deployed 2 more shark and 1 tuna rigs out and not long again the tuna rig was sreaming but pulled the hook straight away. :1badmood: To our surprise again minutes later my tiagra was screaming so I let him run a bit then hit strike this was a solid hook up but 10 minutes in to the fight I felt his body thrushing on the line and that terrible feeling soon after he's gone. I think my wire trace was a bit short so now on all my shark rigs I make will be a least 5m long, still cant believe the score sharks 4 us 0.

Just wondering frankP did you have any luck as mate got 2 albies on the cube east of browns.

Cheers Mike

Mike we didnt bother cubing as we had a feed and the weather wasnt too appealing to stay out too late.

We ended up with 6 3-5kg blue eye and a gemfish.

You might be able to help me out Mike but what was the big trawler doing around browns, the boat name was Diana, possible a longliner.

Goof effort on the blue eye, hopefully the tuna will start showing up soon. The sharks would have been some fun though.

Cheers YG

Bad luck Mike - sounds like the last time i went out to Browns with you when it was 5-0 to the Sharks!

At least you got a few fish for your troubles.

Hoping to get out with you soon :1fishing1:

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim, it was a good day and similar to the time with you the only difference was the sharks all turned up in a short amount of time and it was night time. Look forward to going out with you again.

Hi Frank, we saw that longliner too. We were the last boat out there and as soon as we drifted off browns it moved in, we reckon they were targeting blue eye as there are no tuna about.

Cheers Mike

You could be right Mike as I saw a heap of floats on the boat.

What were the conditions like on the way home and what time did you leave for home, it would have been a long day.

Edited by frankp

You could be right Mike as I saw a heap of floats on the boat.

What were the conditions like on the way home and what time did you leave for home, it would have been a long day.

Ye Frank, the NE wind backed off a bit so it wasn't a rough ride home and we left south of browns about 7.00pm.