Boys Reel In $100,000 On Fishing Trip

mrmoshe

Boys reel in $100,000 on fishing trip

September 19, 2009 - 1:36PM

It's the ultimate case of the one that got away.

Two teenage boys on Friday handed police almost $100,000 cash they found earlier this month during a fishing trip at Tuntable Creek, north of Lismore on the NSW north coast.

They recently told a carer about their ultimate catch and after seeking legal advice, decided to alert police.

Officers searched the area where the boys say they found the cash but failed to find anything to help inquiries.

Police are now looking for the lawful owner of the money.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Lismore police station.

AAP

Well done the these kids for handing in the money. The chances of it being claimed are negligable as it is has most likely come from an illegal source and the owner of it is not about to claim it from the cops as he would have to prove where it came from.

Also by handing in the money the kids are going to receive back clean money from the cops. They wont have to lie to people when asked where the money came from and risked being arrested and charged with stealing (larceny) by finding or goods in custody as happened to a bloke in Sydney who found $250 000 dumped in a street in chippendale. He was dobbed in by a co worker who found a backpack full of money under this blokes desk. He ended up with a criminal record and had no claim for the money. Had he handed it in he would have got it back.

If the money is not claimed in few weeks, I believe that it is 6 weeks now, used to be 12. They can apply to the commisoner of police to claim the money.

Just think of all the fishing gear and the boat you cold buy with that amount of cash

Balmain Bob

Edited by BalmainBob

reminds me of when me and 2 school mates found a handbag in miranda fair after school years back i opened it up to find a forein asian passport didgital camera and 40k in it i thought we were on a reality show and somebody was gona jump out and go suprise!!! first thought was to run away 2nd thought was 2 many camera's and whoever owns it will return and camera's will be first thing they look at.. so i did the right thing and handed it in even though my mates were spewn! i said to my mates surely they will give us a reward for handing it in. all we got was a thanks... moral of the story RUN!!! well i would like to think if that if that had happened to me, and that somebody would hand it in i would pay them 1000$ each reward,

we also got mentioned on radio for our honesty and our local leader did a photo shoot,

• 3 weeks later...