Fishing At Northern Beaches

sydneyfishoaddict

hi. just wanna know if anyone got a good spot around the northern beaches area. ive been fishing around curlcurl up to whale beach but with little success. whens is the best time to go to the spot? i normally go early mornings from around 5am to 11am. thanks in advance. ive been doing alot of fishing from shellharbour to avoca beach and the best fish i caught is a 2kg trevally near la perouse. regards to all...

I've done ok off Narrabeen beach, around wetheral st. Salmon, Flatties, and i've seen big Jews caught there. (I'm yet to land one yet, tho have been busted off :mad3: )

Usually before dusk and the next 2-3 hours after, on a rising tide, but not been ther for a few weeks.

Ganged pillies or slabs of slimy mackeral seem to work.

Good luck, and persavere.

Dave

Perserverance is the key to success, as clearly noted by other members.

There are heaps of good beaches and rock hopping spots all along the Northern Beaches.

Beach Spots: Dee Why, Nth Narrabeen, Mona Vale, Newport, Avalon, Whale and Palm Beach are all good for various species including Bream, Whiting, Jew, Flatties, Trevally and Dart

Baits: Whole pillies on ganged hooks (size 2/0), Slimey Mackerel slabs, yakka slabs, Mullet slabs, Mullet gut, live beach worms, live tube worms and pippies are the best baits for fishing the beaches.

Rock hopping Spots: Whale Beach (The Ovens), Bungan Head Reserve, Long Reef Headland.

baits: live yakkas, live Slimey Mackerel, live Mullet, Live squid, pillies, mullet slabs, red rock crabs, cunjevoi.

Hope this helps