Browns Mountain

searunner525

Hi Raiders

Went to browns today on a charter boat

Headed out in sloppy conditions in 20 to 30 knots winds and 3m swell just had to hang on as the conditions were not so good but forecast was for winds easing for the arvo.

Trolled skirts a little but no hook ups so we decided to cube and at the same time the put out a shark bait and it didn't take to long for a mako to come up the trail and nail the bait.

As soon as the hook found its mark it was'nt to happy as it jumped out of the water and took off on its first screaming run. It took around 40 mins to land my first mako and boy was i stuffed afterwards.

post-10476-1254225516_thumb.jpg

post-10476-1254225586_thumb.jpg

post-10476-1254225655_thumb.jpg

post-10476-1254225708_thumb.jpg

Hi Raiders

Went to browns today on a charter boat

Headed out in sloppy conditions in 20 to 30 knots winds and 3m swell just had to hang on as the conditions were not so good but forecast was for winds easing for the arvo.

Trolled skirts a little but no hook ups so we decided to cube and at the same time the put out a shark bait and it didn't take to long for a mako to come up the trail and nail the bait.

As soon as the hook found its mark it was'nt to happy as it jumped out of the water and took off on its first screaming run. It took around 40 mins to land my first mako and boy was i stuffed afterwards.

wow that last pic is scary haha..

did you guys land anything else on the charter?

Great Shark mate - well done.

How big did it go on the scales?

I was on a charter once when we caught a big Mako - not many takers for the fillets so i took plenty home. Very very tasty and still great after being frozen! One of my favourite fish flesh to eat along with a few :beersmile:

Great Shark mate - well done.

How big did it go on the scales?

I was on a charter once when we caught a big Mako - not many takers for the fillets so i took plenty home. Very very tasty and still great after being frozen! One of my favourite fish flesh to eat along with a few :beersmile:

it was close to 120kg

Jack,

The world shark population is down by 70% and it seems a waste to keep killing these beautiful fish and then dump them at sea, maybe I am overprotective of our ocean

Ross

"15. No criticism of legal catches and/or inappropriate imposing of C&R views in fishing reports" :1prop:

With respect Ross, One fishermans once in a life time catch is not going to affect the world Mako population.

The fish was filleted and shared amongst the crew from what I saw. Then the carcass was disposed of at sea. Nothing illegal or immoral there.

Robbie. :D

"15. No criticism of legal catches and/or inappropriate imposing of C&R views in fishing reports" :1prop:

With respect Ross, One fishermans once in a life time catch is not going to affect the world Mako population.

The fish was filleted and shared amongst the crew from what I saw. Then the carcass was disposed of at sea. Nothing illegal or immoral there.

yes top catch and ill be around for some yummy fillets tee hee

well done

Jack,

The world shark population is down by 70% and it seems a waste to keep killing these beautiful fish and then dump them at sea, maybe I am overprotective of our ocean

Ross

Yeh maybe you are Ross and be very mindful of the Site rules as thay apply to everyone.

Swordfisherman

Well spoken Robbie, and good catch there stacerboy.

Cheers Mike