Taplin Park Boat Ramp Closure Dates

dunc333

hi raiders ,Taplin park boat ramp,Drummoyne will be closed from 19th october to end of November for upgrade.work has began prefabbing at rozelle .so ramp still good to use till then cheers dunc333

Edited by dunc333

• 2 weeks later...

I launched at Taplin Park this morning for duties with the World masters games open water swim at

Clifton Gardens got back to the car and found this document under the wipers, concept sound great 3 ramps with pontoon, but no talk of more parking.

tell me about it ... i luv the idea of a pontoon but the place already gets packed as in summer ... gonna be twice as bad now that people dont have to get their feet wet!

Edited by daleyboy

tell me about it ... i luv the idea of a pontoon but the place already gets packed as in summer ... gonna be twice as bad now that people dont have to get their feet wet!

Seems that extra parking may be on the way

"Thank you for your comments.

Yes, we have considered the parking implications of the upgrade of Taplin Park boat ramp facilities. Unfortunately there is not sufficient room to accommodate the recommended number of parking spaces per ramp-lane, however we do have a further grant application with NSW Maritime for upgrade and increase in size of the car park by about 20 car and trailer spaces as well as improving circulation. We expect an announcement of the outcome of the grant application early in the new year and are hopeful of success."

I think that one way of improving trailer parking at the ramp For a start would be to better enforce the non parking of cars in those allocated spots for trailer parking it was quite frustrating all through last season in seeing trailer spots taken mostly by other fisho's turning up to jump on a boat launching from there and in the process tying up another 3 spots with a car's meant for trailers. :thumbdown: .......or arriving 9 am ish to find the diet brigade have jumped in a spot to go for a run around the area with there muts in tow on a leash :thumbdown: ......anyways that would be my advice in helping going towards the limited parking aspect.

Cheers Warnie

Earlier this year I had the misfortune of parking on the street around the waters edge, upon returning to the car I found a dirty letter under the wiper telling me in no uncertain terms that the next time I parked in that spot I could expect some sort of retribution either to my car or trailer, I can only sumise it was from a disgruntled resident. If the author of this letter had the courage of writing they should have the same fortitude in providing their name and address so I could have right of reply and I could have told them that yes I would have parked in the correct area allocated for cars with trailers if there were sufficient numbers provided. I feel that what will happen is that parking will be improved but at a cost to those that use it.

I am a little disappointed that there is no provision for the small boat market in either the new facilities at Rozelle or Waverton in the way of ramp and parking that is my gripe for the year.

Pete