1/2 * 1/4 Metal Lures

rozza_b

Hi guys,

About 8-9 years ago i remember using 1/2 * 1/4 metal lures looked like there had just been cut out of some bar, had huge success with these but then they just disappeared havent seen any for ages so was thinking of making some, they were simply just a bit of 1/2 * 1/4 bar (not sure what material ??? help) with angles cut at each end (any idea of the angle?) and a bit of reflective material stuck to them. I have had a quick look about but couldnt find any info on these, have never found a lure since that i have had the same success with so if anyones got any info on them would be appreciated

Cheers

Rozza

rozza_b,

from memory I think the angle is about 45 deg. You dont have get them chrome plated just polish them right up and spray on some sealant, or repolish when required. Dont forget to smooth off any sharp or rough bits.

Big Pete :1fishing1:

yeah they are the ones havent seen them for sale down hear for ages now, hmm might look into making some of them from some stainless bar polish them up at work. thanks for the replies will let you know how i go with them

Cheers

Rozza

Go to West Gosford Bait &Tackle,see Bob Williams there and he will have some. He will also have just the "blanks" so you can put your own hooks&colours on. He has them made by a local chap who was one of the original "high speed spinning" pioneers back in the late 60's early 70's down at Avoca and Terrigal.

My apoligies to the mods if I'm breaking posting rules.

Go to West Gosford Bait&Tackle,see Bob Williams there and he will have some. He will also have just the "blanks" so you can put your own hooks&colours on. He has them made by a local chap who was one of the original "high speed spinning" pioneers back in the late 60's early 70's down at Avoca and Terrigal.

My apoligies to the mods if I'm breaking posting rules.

This post will be ok.

Regards Admin