New Botany Ramp

Penguin

I used it for the first time on Friday night, not too bad overall. Great preparation area, ramp is pretty steep, and when i launched i used the single ramp on the left hand which doesn't give you much room for error if your not experienced reversing a trailer i would think. I think the right approach would be once you get your boat into the water move it as far down the walkway as you can so the next person can get theirs in and vice versa upon retrival. The wash down area is good, but remember to bring your own hose fitting too as the taps do not have the connections on there. I'd love to know what type of "recycled water" it really is because after flushing the motor i quickly hosed down the boat and trailer (must mention the great water pressure coming out of the tap!) and it left a powdery finish on both boat and trailer. Parking there couldn't get much better.

• 5 weeks later...

I think this ramp is pathetic for a major ramp right in the middle of sydney...

What a waste of time and another great piece of work by our labour goverment..

I recently returned from west oz and i was lucky enough to see without a doubt the best ramp in australia..

This ramp had 6 dedicated launch and retrive lanes.

With the retrive side seperated by guard rails from the launch so no dumbs dumbs could possibly stuff it up.

ill try and locate some photos and layout pics, truly amazing.

they need to sign write the ground with signs and dedicate the wider lane's for launching and narrow lane? for retrieving i duno why they didnt just make 2x 4 lanes????? how much faster would that of been.... guess they used the same engineer who built the m5

• 2 months later...

this is a great boat ramp!!!!! BUT if you have been there on a busy day it is a nightmare..... an absolute nightmare,,,, it needs organising and a method,,, when i was there, many people were arguing and cars and boats were everywhere, with no method or organisation.....was happy to get my boat out and go home after an hour of waiting

• 2 months later...

I have used this ramp a few times it is a great Ramp.....

......the lack of knowledge and lack of organisation by the cowboys makes the car park a mess when its busy, no body knows whos doing what, whos up who and whos paying, causing many ppl to start abusing and yelling at each other..........can be quite entertaining.......

Edited by idolz

• 1 year later...

I can see a tidal flow type (no pun haha) arrangement working here. In the mornings people use the wider lanes to launch whilst the ealry am fishos use the smaller single ramp to retieve, in the afternoons the day trippers can use the larger lanes again to retrieve whilst the evening fishers use the single ramp to launch... sounds workable.