Thieves

eagle ray

I was called into work on tuesday aftenoon and told that I would be needed until the coming tuesday. Great. i cancelled 2 charters that I had booked my self on and put on the suit.

Every lunch time I go for a jog around the botanical gardens and i could see the birds working in Farm Cove and around the finger wharf at Woolloo. All week the weather was perfect so I was determined to get out on the boat on the Harbour.

The Sunday tide looked the best for early morning squidding so decided to ask the old man if he wanted to tag along. For the first time in years he said yes. I was stoked. Got every thing ready in anticipation for a 6 am departure from the mooring.

Got down to the boat and paddled out in the yak. Tried to tilt the engine and nothing happened. Not another flat bat I was thinking. All the switches were off so I looked in the battery compartment and sure enough some %%%%% had stolen it. Nothing else missing.

Simply gutted, old man is 2.

I hope whoever stole it drowns and all other raiders have a more successful outing than we did.

how low can one get, its realy disapointing and getting worse, Someone tried to pinch my trailore when I was on the water as my chaing was hacksawd about half way, they must have been disturbed, I padlock my chain to my tow bar just after the D clamp

• 3 weeks later...

They often steal teh first battery nicely by just throwing it overboard. nowing your going to replace it with a brand new one in a week or so and come back.

yes we have been pillaged last year but have a surprise if they come back which I hope they do, Stainless bar and a couple of padlocks so it will take an effort next time and we know someone was on board having a look.

Edited by pelican