Smoked Oysters

Andy Loops

hey raiders,

Bit bored this arvo after fishing cancelled today due to a sick 3yo... Going through some of my pics and I found these taken back in September.

Smoked Oysters.

Buy 2-3 dozen large pacific oysters (larger the better as they shrink when smoked)

brown sugar

thai fermented sauce

cooking salt

I take all the oysters out of the shells and put them in a plastic tub with lots of brown sugar, salt and a couple tablespoons of the fermented sauce.

Dont have to leave it in there too long maybe half an hour just to get some flavour in.

Then dampen your woodchips and get the smoker ready. Sprinkle woodchips through the bottom of the smoker and get your flame underneath. Oysters laid out on racks and 20 minutes later you have a very tasty entree to serve your guests!

Enjoy!

Andy

Those Oysters look awesome & far too nice for any guests Andy.... If it were up to me these so called part time clerks who arrive at my place on Friday nights with their long dresses would only be having servings of wood chip rissoles with plenty of water and they can take their pick, keep on skulling the lot down, or look foolish... that would put a permanent end to any more perfume sales at my place, that's for sure... :secret::biggrin2:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Those Oysters look awesome & far too nice for any guests Andy.... If it were up to me these so called part time clerks who arrive at my place on Friday nights with their long dresses would only be having servings of wood chip rissoles with plenty of water and they can take their pick, keep on skulling the lot down, or look foolish... that would put a permanent end to any more perfume sales at my place, that's for sure... :secret::biggrin2:

Cheers

hey Jewgaffer you are right about the oysters being too good for guests - best to make double what you think you will need coz they always get destroyed from smoker - table.. hot oysters right off the smoking rack is what dreams are made of!

the peach woodchips actually smell like peach when you mix a little water through them - maybe the woodchip rissoles could become mainstream?!

........the peach woodchips actually smell like peach when you mix a little water through them - maybe the woodchip rissoles could become mainstream?!

:Funny-Post: woodchip rissoles ah la mainstream peach melba .... they'd be a big hit with these painted up zombies that come up to my place to have their perfume parties...when they don't collect enough cash they get square by eating the place out.. :lol:

By the way Andy, where would Shirl get hold of that sauce for the oysters mate?

Cheers

:Funny-Post: woodchip rissoles ah la mainstream peach melba .... they'd be a big hit with these painted up zombies that come up to my place to have their perfume parties...when they don't collect enough cash they get square by eating the place out.. :lol:

By the way Andy, where would Shirl get hold of that sauce for the oysters mate?

Cheers

Sounds like it would be right up their alley! Do you end up trying out any of the perfumes?!?! At least the place would smell nice...

We get all our Thai food supplies from "Thai town" which is pretty much the asian food shops on Campbell St directly opposite the Campbell St Theater in Sydney (not far from China town/Central)..

Reckon you could probably get it from most Asian grocers though...

If you are having trouble finding it just use normal soy sauce. The real key to making anything smoked taste really good is brown sugar. More is better than less I reckon.

Cheers mate

Andy

• 4 years later...