Fuel Consumption 2008 Yamaha 90 Two-stroke Outboard

Tackle Junkie

Hi Guys,

I have been searching all over net and have not been able to find any reliable data on expected fuel consumption figures for my outboard.

I am very aware of many things to consider etc. etc. I am just after some guidelines for a 5m boat weight 800Kg.

I am looking to go a little further offshore this season and i can carry extra fuel and do - but i don't want to ever find out the hard way.

Pic attached of boat

post-6714-1258886271_thumb.jpg

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Josh

Josh

I'm running a 2003 , 70hp 2s Yamaha & average consumption is 1lt / mile ( 1.6 km).

Considering the 90 is 1140 cubic cm V's the 70 at 849 I would have at a guess consumption for the 90 to be around 1.30 lt / mile.

A lot depends on the rev's when on the plane. I normally run between 3800 - 4200 rpm. Once over 4500 they can become rather thirsty.

If you have the standard Yamaha gauges fitted there should be a trip meter that measures distance traveled.

The way to get an average usage is to fill the tank , set the trip meter to zero when leaving the ramp then At the end of the day , fill the tank , check the distance & do the calculation.

Repeat this over several trips & it should give an average usage.

Geoff

Send a PM to Heuy at Huettes Marine and he'll give you a good indication of consumption of your motor.

HUETT MARINE CENTRE

www.huettmarine.com.au

Mr Craig Huett

1131 Pacific Hwy

Cowan NSW 2081

Email: craig@huettmarine.com.au

Phone: (02) 9456 1444

Trading Hours

Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm

Saturday 8.30am to 3pm

Sunday closed

Hi Guys,

I have been searching all over net and have not been able to find any reliable data on expected fuel consumption figures for my outboard.

I am very aware of many things to consider etc. etc. I am just after some guidelines for a 5m boat weight 800Kg.

I am looking to go a little further offshore this season and i can carry extra fuel and do - but i don't want to ever find out the hard way.

Pic attached of boat

post-6714-1258886271_thumb.jpg

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Josh

Mate i run the 90 Yam on a 5m quintrex, never bothered to check consumption but as long as i stay under 4200 rpm i seem to think it is reasonable.

Contact Yamaha, they have excellent support.

When i bought it the service manager had a little Yamaha book with all kinds of figures in it. I remember him showing me because he was commenting on the fact that the 90 2 stroke and 100 4 stroke had similar consumption figures at mid throttle and the 4 stroke only gained at full throttle.

I have also changed to evinrude XD100 synthetic oil and the fumes have been reduced considerably (thx Huey)