Members Boats.

Ken A

On 6/27/2019 at 12:20 PM, Plethora said:

Here's my boat, 2016 6.4m Stacer with an Etec 115 - nothing to do to it except put the petrol inBoat_2.thumb.JPG.eca0ba7468e4e1aa4d9e24d50191a1df.JPG and go fishing

Boat.jpg.79ddb23319672590ff40595d991a1f2a.jpg

I didn't know Stacer did a 6.4m in their cabin range. 

Is the 115hp enough on it?

I haven't looked if you posted elsewhere on here, but what where your use criteria, and decision options?

• Like 1

This is the spec on the Stacer 509 Sea Runner - Fantastic Boat

specifications

Beam: 2.22m
Bottomsides: 3.00mm
Depth: 1.13m
Height on Trailer: 2.50m
Length Maximum: 5.34m
Length on Trailer: 6.85m
Main Motor Weight: 203kg
Max. HP: 115hp
Number of People (Basic): 7
Topsides: 2.50mm
Transom Material: 3.00mm
Transom Shaft Length: L/S
Weight (boat only): 495kg

Been a single axel trailer you can take a few parts off and have it re weighed (normaly 280kls) which in curs a $100 weight tax and inspection every year for you rego, get it down to under 256kls and no inspection and $67 a year instead of $203 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 12:20 PM, Plethora said:

Here's my boat, 2016 6.4m Stacer with an Etec 115 - nothing to do to it except put the petrol inBoat_2.thumb.JPG.eca0ba7468e4e1aa4d9e24d50191a1df.JPG and go fishing

Boat.jpg.79ddb23319672590ff40595d991a1f2a.jpg

Nice boat mate, the front of the boat actually looks a little like the front end of my Yellowfin

The specs you posted suggest the boat is 5.34m in length, how did you arrive at 6.4m?

Looks nice with the etec on the back, not surprised about the top speed and torque.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Plethora said:
Length on Trailer: 6.85m

yeah mate, you do know that includes the trailer extension to the towing ball LOL? I assume your not boating with your trailer hanging off the bottom of the boat.

Where a number is involved in the boat specification, that number is almost always reflective of its length. it would seem very odd for Stacer to name a 509 searunner if its length exceeds 6m.

Seems like someone may have been scratching numbers onto the plate on your boat 🙄

Edited by GoingFishing
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

yeah mate, you do know that includes the trailer extension to the towing ball LOL? I assume your not boating with your trailer hanging off the bottom of the boat.

Where a number is involved in the boat specification, that number is almost always reflective of its length. it would seem very odd for Stacer to name a 509 searunner if its length exceeds 6m.

Seems like someone may have been scratching numbers onto the plate on your boat 🙄

Whatever the numbers it looks like a nice rig to be out on.

Much better than my 1969 13ft Quintrex sportsman tinny :thumbup:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Plethora said:

Been a single axel trailer you can take a few parts off and have it re weighed (normaly 280kls) which in curs a $100 weight tax and inspection every year for you rego, get it down to under 256kls and no inspection and $67 a year instead of $203  

Hi

I have the 2016 Stacer Bowrider, I love the smooth sides for looks.

Just beware that if you have a accident and they weight the boat & trailer combo, it still has to be under the Kg limit otherwise your insurance is void as it should have had brakes fitted.

The rego inspection only takes 15mins and cost $28, its a great prompt for checking bearings, brakes and lights annually.

P.s

what size and type of prop are you running on the Etec?

Edited by jeffb5.8
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, Plethora said:

it has the mechanical brakes - I took off the walkway and the spare tyre bracket to lower the weight so that would not affect the insurance whats so ever - 

OK i read it wrong thought you removed the brakes, my bad.

Did you have to go to a weigh bridge with a empty trailer and then a blueslip to change the trailer at the RMS?

I did think all trailers fitted with brakes had to have the annual inspection in NSW

I have the next size up trailer which weighs 320kg, not much i can remove as to get it down to the 254kg limit for no annual inspection.

Edited by jeffb5.8

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:28 PM, the skipper said:

My 6m Sailfish with twin Honda 60 four strokes does the job for me.

image.jpeg

Me to 🤪

Is the Shelf runner the newer version??

Why just a combined 120hp though, though something of that size might need a bit more?

Looks great, I want one :thumbup:

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Me to 🤪

Why just a combined 120hp though, though something of that size might need a bit more?

Yeah I was originally of the same opinion but it works well and there is plenty of power for what I want also the twin 60's are very economical.

the max on this boat is 75's which would have been nice but I bought it second hand and I have been after a Sailfish for a while there are not to many around .

11 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Me to 🤪

10 hours ago, the skipper said:

Yeah I was originally of the same opinion but it works well and there is plenty of power for what I want also the twin 60's are very economical.

the max on this boat is 75's which would have been nice but I bought it second hand and I have been after a Sailfish for a while there are not to many around .

22 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Me to 🤪

The Shelf Runner is the next model up from the REEF Runner the ultimate is an S8 which start at $179k the biggest they build is a 13 mt tri-axle baby worth more than my house but I would would swap in a heart beat.

• Like 3

On 7/5/2019 at 9:33 AM, Plethora said:

The plate on mine is 6.4 (2016) this spec I got of the Stacer website (2019 model) looks like the new ones are a bit shorter

Nice tiny and she should get along with 115 hp. 

If you don't have brakes and the trailer is under 250 kg you don't need annual safety check and the ATM will be 750 kg max.

If she weighs over 250 or if you have brakes you need annual safety check in NSW. I can tell you if she was over 6 mt you would have a dual axle trailer and in some cases 4 wheel brakes and break-away if over 2000 kg loaded.

Most boat trailers are overloaded .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wrxhoon1 said:

Nice tiny and she should get along with 115 hp. 

If you don't have brakes and the trailer is under 250 kg you don't need annual safety check and the ATM will be 750 kg max.

If she weighs over 250 or if you have brakes you need annual safety check in NSW. I can tell you if she was over 6 mt you would have a dual axle trailer and in some cases 4 wheel brakes and break-away if over 2000 kg loaded.

Most boat trailers are overloaded .

When does the annual safety check kick in? My trailer has brakes and it has been registered for 5 1/2 years now. Each rego renewal notice so far has said “no inspection required”.

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

When does the annual safety check kick in? My trailer has brakes and it has been registered for 5 1/2 years now. Each rego renewal notice so far has said “no inspection required”. 

From my reading its if the trailer weighs less than 256kg on its own it does not require a annual inspection , which is also the trigger for adding brakes from 257kg up.

Edited by jeffb5.8
  • Like 1