Members Boats.

Ken A

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow raiders,

Here's my boat, a Savage Osprey Bowrider 525. Bought it Oct '05. The wife wanted something for the kids and I wanted something for fishing and this was our comprimise. I mainly fish down the southcoast around Jervis Bay and do the family stuff around pittwater.

So far my best catches in it have been Kingfish to 8.5kg at The Banks.

Heres the mighty tinny. Been in the family since 1974 (or 75 cant remember)

And heres the view from the inside.

Notice the luxurious leg room, the comfortable seating arrangement and the huge range of

optional extras.

post-2626-1164083274_thumb.jpg

Having sarcastically said all that I wouldnt trade it for the world. Might upgrade one day but would still keep the tinny handy.

post-2626-1164082843_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We started with the canoe 30 years ago and just gave it to our niece and her husband.

post-1141-1165983185_thumb.jpg

Then we had the Savage tinnie and the Bounty (which we hardly used)

post-1141-1165983258_thumb.jpg Sold the Bounty to cousin and got to use it heaps post-1141-1165983299_thumb.jpg

Sold the tinny and finally bought one that really suits us.

post-1141-1165983360_thumb.jpg

Although MR is talking about getting small one for bass fishing.

HI there fishraiders, new member and i thought i would start with a pic of the boat.

Haines signature 493F,85 suzie.

post-2960-1166437286_thumb.jpg HI there fishraiders, new member and i thought i would start with a pic of the boat.

Hi raiders, i have been looking for some time now and decided to post a pic of my boat, its not a very good pic so i will try and post a better one later.

Its a Bertram 25 Corsair with twin 165 hp Mercruisers, im refitting it at the moment so its out of action, cant wait to get back out on the water :thumbup: motors have been rebuilt so it should :flying:

post-2036-1166786922_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Here is my little Perception Minnow kayak!

I have 3 rod holders in mine - 2 'inset' ones at the rear & one Berkley removable one in the front that swivels. I also have an anchoring system that I can adjust from the front to the rear (even in the middle of the kayak) depending on tide & wind. I prefer a 'collapsible' anchor - you only need to lock it open when in strong tide or wind - otherwise the collapsed version works fine & doesn't take up too much room in the kayak. I have attached a spring loaded 'dog leash' to the anchor setup so that I can have up to 50ft of line in the water - covering most anchoring situations that I have encountered to date! I usually only need about 25ft (sometimes only 10ft or less when in really shallow bits.) My portable fishfinder sits on velcro strips on the front deck. I always have an old towell (folded in half) on the floor of the kayak - it absorbs any drips that come off the paddle & also makes it much quieter when stowing the anchor & gear. Don't forget to have a leash attached to your paddle! You only have about 2 secs to grab a wayward paddle before it is gone forever! Tie it on! My paddle fits on with velcro straps I fitted to the sides - I initially fitted the clips, but found I was hitting them when paddling & they got annoying! I have a fresh/saltwater fisheries sticker on the side, to check the size of any fish I catch before even touching them! My fishing licence is laminated & stuck onto the boat (just behind me so least likely to get wet.) I have made an 'eviro'shopping bag into my fishkeeper, which I have added an old wetsuit zipper to the opening, so the fish can't get out. It sits around my front rodholder. When empty it sits under the anchor rope and just sits in the water when I have fish in it - to both keep alive and/or cool. I even have a lipgrip on clips, in case I catch a monster!

The extra length of rope shown in the full kayak photo is from handle to handle & allows you to tie up to any pole or tree/whatever when you are in tidal or windy conditions & don't want to put down the anchor. It has a plastic coated wire 'hook' on it as well, to hook back onto itself!

For safety, I have a 'hooter' that I got from a local shop for $5 - just a gently blow into it & it is louder than most foghorns - the sound will travel for up to 1k on water! Scares the hell out of anyone nearby when you blow it! Just behind the seat, you can see the blue 'dog leash' that attaches to the anchor setup. The anchor rope goes between both handles & where the double uni knot secures the ropes, is the shackle that attaches to the anchor rope.

Photo 1 - anchor tied to a pulley & connected to the knots that tie the sliding rope onto the boat handles (also have shackle & stainless steel pulley on them for ease of use.) I have a small metal hook that attaches near the knots so you can tie the anchor off 'shorter' but have access to the long rope at a moments notice.

Photo2 - shows 'hooter' on seat (tied on) and blue dog leash holder tied on behind the seat with plastic ties, also towell on the floor.

photo3 - envirobag with wetsuit zipper 'fish keeper' (over rod holder to keep secure), front rod holder, lip grippers, paddle secured to the side & the extra rope for tying onto poles etc

Photo4 - the whole setup showing leash to paddle. I usually put the net in the kayak rather than in the rod holder. I rarely use the rear rod holders (good for holding the anchor when in the 'locked open' position.)

post-2231-1167543597_thumb.jpgpost-2231-1167543904_thumb.jpg post-2231-1167543957_thumb.jpg post-2231-1167543986_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roberta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is our toy !!

It's a mid 80's (or so i'm told !) 17ft Stejcraft with a 175 hp Mariner-also mid 80's.

She's sporting some fancy new glitter paint & a lick of white paint on the hull just to freshen her up !!

Mainly used for skiing & tubing but with the rear seat removed, its nice & open in the back for 2 people to have a fish.

Cheers Steve :thumbup:

post-2360-1170663389_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve-o

Well, its about time i put my boat up here!

Here she is, my second boat, a Bluefin 'Bay Runner' 5.25. She is equipped with a Mercury/Mariner Optimax 90hp running a custom made SOLAS 4 blade torquemaster prop.

Things i have added since purchase inclue a Live bait tank with transom pickup, Saltwater deckwash, Rocket launchers, Stainless rod holders, FISHRAIDER.com.au stickers, Downrigger, Lowrance colour Sonar/GPS, GME EPIRB, GME 27meg VHF and AM/FM stereo for tunes while trolling. And loads of other crap that takes me hours to clean after a day out!

DSCN8398.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is my current boat.

2007 Skeeter ZX200

Runs a Evinrude 225HO motor

This is the best bass/bream boat I have had the pleasure to own.

Go's like a rocket and is soft and dry, well unless you submarine it threw a wave! :1prop:

Stability is amazing and makes a perfect lure casting boat.

post-3563-1174346988_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1174347041_thumb.jpg

HI there fishraiders, new member and i thought i would start with a pic of the boat.

Nice boat mate, reminds me a lot of mine.... :1prop:

You sure it's not a 492f though ??

Cheers,

Paul...

post-715-1174384530_thumb.jpg

post-715-1174384576_thumb.jpg

Edited by FatBoy

My old 445F Haines Headshot which I have owned for 28yrs. Caught everything from Barra to Marlin. Set up for three main purposes. Marlin fishing, Bottom bashing and spotty fishing

Gave the old girl a bit of paint and a new motor three years ago before a trip to Hinchinbrook Island.

Stoked with the Yammie 4 stroke (now fitted with 70hp yam 4 banger). First day on the shelf a Port Stephens saw us cover 110kms and burn a wopping 43lts :thumbup::thumbup: for three stripes over 85kgs and a heap of dollies. I thought I had a prob with the 90lt tank and I did its too big now :1prop::1prop: .

Raymarine 435I colour plotter (very happy with this unit) (replaced with raymarine A70D)

Old Lowrance X85 (has been bullet proof but will treplace with Furuno620 shortly) NB Furuno FCV620 now replaced with FCV585 Excellent units

VHF & 27Meg radios +CD/Radio

A total of 34 rod holders

14ft reelax outriggers

Custom decking (with boat name inlay)

Custom forward casting deck

Hydraulic Steering

Binnacle throttle control

custom 50lt livebait tank (replaced with 65lt tank for big slimies)

tuna tubes & slimy tubes

Flyrod rack

New custom trailer (needs 13x 7 torana mags to spruce up if any body has/knows of any)

And heaps of little fiddles to make life easy

Great little boat and very capable in rough weather (although a little wet :1badmood: )

post-2950-1174435490_thumb.jpg

Headshot again

post-2950-1174437161_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marlin01

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is my 16ft Clarke Commodore powered by a 50 Johnno which pushes it along nicely. She's approaching 30 years old now and still going strong. Ya gotta love alloy boats.

Since puchasing I have added carpet, some rod holders and a sounder.

post-3213-1175565917_thumb.jpg

post-3213-1175565762_thumb.jpg

post-3213-1175565718_thumb.jpg

Edited by rzep

post-2250-1175654305_thumb.jpg

Haines Hunter 580slf

twin 90hp yammaha outboards 2 stk's

outriggers all the goodies for game fishing

lowrance 3000m globalmap chartplotter/gps, x-85 sounder all the goodies.

Theres a pic of it with the storm covers set up.

post-256-1183339917_thumb.jpg

She's for sale guys.,,,she's sold guys

Cheers james

Edited by james1990

Here's mine. 1999 Bayliner Capri 2050 with a Mercruiser 5 litre (220hp). Not really a serious fishing boat, but we use it for a bit of everything...fishing, waterskiing etc.

Note the bait board on the back, not too many Bayliner bowriders have one fitted. Also note the rego, slight resemblance to my member name! Keep an eye out for me and PJ on the Hawkesbury! :thumbup:

post-3557-1176260597_thumb.jpg