Members Boats.

Ken A

Big boat, mainly offshore...Webster Twinfisher 5.2 Centre Console with 140hp Honda 4-stoke. Custom made T-top with clears and cover.

post-17667-0-48993700-1431525892_thumb.jpg

Little boat, for the bays/rivers/lakes...Stacer 429 Outlaw with 50hp Evinrude E-tec.

post-17667-0-61513100-1431525908_thumb.jpg

Hi Raiders,

Here's our boat; recently purchased from a fellow that spent quite a bit of time offshore... so it might be recognisable to some of the blue water fishos.

Haines Hunter 600 Classic

175 e-Tec Evinrude

Growing up we mainly fish the Hawksberry and Broken Bay, but happy to spread the wings and try some new ground. Still getting used to her and bought on the premise of doing more offshore sport fishing, so I hope to tag along with some fellow raiders from here on, learning the ropes and skills to get some blood on the deck!

Hope to see you on the water sometime soon; don't be afraid to say hi.

Paul

post-35938-0-78858200-1431562521_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spider Monkey

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Reasonable new to the forum but trying to be active. Recently got back into fishing and boating after too many years off the water. My new toy is a stacer baymaster, 60hp Honda 4stroke and lowrance 5 Sounder. Ric80f94226e09e6d58fa1b6f27741d7ca7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

004b17c29458fd68a98956eda451df90.jpg

This photo is a little old and I have repowered since, but it is such a nice shot I can't let it go. I will try to take a new similar shot this year during our Xmas getaway.

Our little girl is a 5m Quintrex Coastrunner, and happily takes us through rivers, lakes, estuaries and inshore. My wife likes her but I, as your typical fisho, am a little more committed (-:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I left work at 1:00 to start a journey out to Windsor to test out a boat.

I wandered down to Green Square station only to be informed that 'Trains had all been cancelled due to emergency maintenance' (code for...something got reaaaallll broken). So cutting it fine on time, I wandered down botany road and jumped in a taxi. Costly exercise but I was on a mission - for those playing at home, taxi from Rosebery to Holsworthy is $84.

We arrived at the ramp 15 mins late due to some really poorly coordinated roadworks on richmond road. After a few complications organising the water test, the last thing I wanted to do was show up late and keep the seller waiting.

But we arrived finally and the seller and his wife were both very nice and keen to get us out on the water and test whatever we wanted. Excellent!

We took it out on the hawksbury, I started by cruising for 10mins at a slow pace (trolling speed), then opening it up to nearly flat out - 5000RPM and 70km/h if the gauges are to be believed.

We dropped it back to neutral to make sure it didn't stall, and it didn't. I noticed a small vibration around 1500RPM, but from a previous inspection we knew that the plugs were quite badly fouled - the vibration smoothed up significantly as the test went on - more confirmation that it was just fouled plugs burning off some carbon (these will be replaced soon).

We took the boat over some wake from other boats and it ate them up nose on, smooth as butter! I then positioned the boat side on into the wake to see how stable it was from the side, it had some rock and roll but it never felt unsafe as it leaned over the swell.

We motored back to the ramp where I engaged forwards and reverse a few times and my only comment was that the gearbox was silky smooth!

Eventually the boat made it back to the trailer and drove off up the ramp, a quick check of the bungs, bottom no water. Top bung, about 10-20ml - this is explained by the ladder throwing a bit of water over the transom.

We said our goodbyes and drove home, then I noticed I was being followed!

jGlyyyY.jpg

it followed me all the way to my house!

It even followed me when I tried a thousand times to reverse it into the driveway.... I've never driven a trailer before - let alone reversed one... christ on a bike its hard. Eventually Squishy and I worked it out and we got it into the driveway.... we are going to need a hell of a lot of practice I think!

yhbubKG.jpg

We flushed the motor and hosed her down and said goodnight to our new family member. Can not wait to get her out and put some fish on it!!!

qRezUh4.jpg

First order of business is a bait board and a new sounder!

massive thanks to 4myson, tef10n and welst for all their help and the constant exchange of messages over the last 2 weeks. They've all taught me HEAPS about boats and talked me out of some pretty average deals - I owe them all for their help and advice on this purchase! Cheers guys!

Edited by amkr

Guest 4myson

Today I left work at 1:00 to start a journey out to Windsor to test out a boat.

I wandered down to Green Square station only to be informed that 'Trains had all been cancelled due to emergency maintenance' (code for...something got reaaaallll broken). So cutting it fine on time, I wandered down botany road and jumped in a taxi. Costly exercise but I was on a mission - for those playing at home, taxi from Rosebery to Holsworthy is $84.

We arrived at the ramp 15 mins late due to some really poorly coordinated roadworks on richmond road. After a few complications organising the water test, the last thing I wanted to do was show up late and keep the seller waiting.

But we arrived finally and the seller and his wife were both very nice and keen to get us out on the water and test whatever we wanted. Excellent!

We took it out on the hawksbury, I started by cruising for 10mins at a slow pace (trolling speed), then opening it up to nearly flat out - 5000RPM and 70km/h if the gauges are to be believed.

We dropped it back to neutral to make sure it didn't stall, and it didn't. I noticed a small vibration around 1500RPM, but from a previous inspection we knew that the plugs were quite badly fouled - the vibration smoothed up significantly as the test went on - more confirmation that it was just fouled plugs burning off some carbon (these will be replaced soon).

We took the boat over some wake from other boats and it ate them up nose on, smooth as butter! I then positioned the boat side on into the wake to see how stable it was from the side, it had some rock and roll but it never felt unsafe as it leaned over the swell.

We motored back to the ramp where I engaged forwards and reverse a few times and my only comment was that the gearbox was silky smooth!

Eventually the boat made it back to the trailer and drove off up the ramp, a quick check of the bungs, bottom no water. Top bung, about 10-20ml - this is explained by the ladder throwing a bit of water over the transom.

We said our goodbyes and drove home, then I noticed I was being followed!

jGlyyyY.jpg

it followed me all the way to my house!

It even followed me when I tried a thousand times to reverse it into the driveway.... I've never driven a trailer before - let alone reversed one... christ on a bike its hard. Eventually Squishy and I worked it out and we got it into the driveway.... we are going to need a hell of a lot of practice I think!

yhbubKG.jpg

We flushed the motor and hosed her down and said goodnight to our new family member. Can not wait to get her out and put some fish on it!!!

qRezUh4.jpg

First order of business is a bait board and a new sounder!

massive thanks to 4myson, tef10n and welst for all their help and the constant exchange of messages over the last 2 weeks. They've all taught me HEAPS about boats and talked me out of some pretty average deals - I owe them all for their help and advice on this purchase! Cheers guys!

Glad to help out a fellow Raider mate ... Enjoy !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the new baby I've picked up; a 2013 Galeforce 6 with a 140 Suzuki with 200 hours on it. Well maintained and came with a Simrad NSS 16, auto pilot, VHF radio, fusion sound system Powerwinch on the trailer and more. A 200 litre fuel tank gives me lots of range and it comes with dedicated cranking and house batteries in the console. I added to it a motorguide on the nose and a 4G broadband radar. With this I can chase whiting with poppers in the shallows and kings and snapper on the wider reefs. My first target is a Hawkesbury jew on a lure!

I usually launch from Kyeemagh; if you see me come over and say hi.

Cheers

Rob

post-5876-0-84153700-1444784172_thumb.jpg

post-5876-0-33074500-1444784476_thumb.jpg

post-5876-0-00198300-1444784494_thumb.jpg

post-5876-0-68960600-1444784552_thumb.jpg

post-5876-0-91490500-1444784590_thumb.jpg

post-5876-0-23439200-1444784647_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Raiders,

Here is my 2012 Quintrex Busta 4.2m with 30hp Yamaha

I only purchased in June this year

Have only had it out twice so far at Lake Hume & Lake Eildon with no fish yet!

Need to buy a fish finder and maybe a a boat cover for traveling if anyone can make any recommendations that would be great

Cheers

Steve

post-36745-0-06969300-1446352629_thumb.jpeg

post-36745-0-70888500-1446352642_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Blueheart

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wanting to buy a boat for ages, having grown up with boats on the Georges River.

Spent a heap of time researching and couldn't go past a Chris Craft Catalina.

My first prize was the 29 but all Catalinas are very hard to find 2nd hand so landing this awesome 2013 26 was great timing for me.

I think it will be perfect for fishing/ skiing & cruising in the Harbour and Pittwater.

post-37286-0-33284500-1448442290_thumb.jpeg

Edited by CB Sydney

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my baby. Probably one of the oldest ladies here. lacala is a 1968 RAN personnel carrier that has been pimped over the last 4 years or so. 8 metres long with Cummins 6BT 210hp

One of her sisters can be seen hanging off the side of HMAS vampire at Darlimg Harbour

The last few weeks has seen her 35km off Broken Bay and Sydney. She doesn't win any races with a WOT of 16.5 knots but she comes home firmly and surely each time.

Photos show her now with added cabin whereby in original format she was an open boat with a windscreen.

post-38370-0-78020400-1460159888_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...