Members Boats.

Ken A

17 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

From my reading its if the trailer weighs less than 256kg on it own, which is also the trigger for adding brakes from 257kg up.

Thanks. No way my trailer would way that much on its own! So, I guess I’ve got brakes that aren’t actually required by law. That’s cool. Glad I have them!

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Thanks. No way my trailer would way that much on its own! So, I guess I’ve got brakes that aren’t actually required by law. That’s cool. Glad I have them!

Hey guys can we take this interesting discussion into Boating section please? I will pull these posts into it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 6:19 PM, Berleyguts said:

When does the annual safety check kick in? My trailer has brakes and it has been registered for 5 1/2 years now. Each rego renewal notice so far has said “no inspection required”.

You don't need brakes if the ATM is up to  750 kg and that maybe the case with your rig. I would think anything close to 5 mt boat will be over 750kg all up . 250kg for trailer and more than 500 for boat/motor and gear.

Check the plate on the trailer it should have the tare weight and gross ( fully loaded).

1 minute ago, wrxhoon1 said:

You don't need brakes if the ATM is up to  750 kg and that maybe the case with your rig. I would think anything close to 5 mt boat will be over 750kg all up . 250kg for trailer and more than 500 for boat/motor and gear.

Check the plate on the trailer it should have the tare weight and gross ( fully loaded).

No, it’ll be over 750kg. It’s just that I’ve never needed an inspection. Maybe next year.

Just now, wrxhoon1 said:

What does the plate say?

Yeah, I’ll check it out when I get a chance. Maybe it’s under and just had the brakes added for safety. I just assumed it was like a new car - no inspection required after x number of years.

I just checked your trailer specs : Tare 210 kg and GVM 1000 kg so you need brakes . I don't know why you don't need safety inspection. See how you go this year in December.

RMS stuff up at times. My car was 5 years old last September and I didn't need a safety inspection my other car same age I did . Normally you need the first inspection on the 5th birthday.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, wrxhoon1 said:

I just checked your trailer specs : Tare 210 kg and GVM 1000 kg so you need brakes . I don't know why you don't need safety inspection. See how you go this year in December.

RMS stuff up at times. My car was 5 years old last September and I didn't need a safety inspection my other car same age I did . Normally you need the first inspection on the 5th birthday.

The reason you don't need an inspection is because the Tare weight of the trailer is below 256kg - (if it exceeds the 256kg it requires an inspection and incurs a weight tax as well)  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

New member, restarted fishin a couple of years ago. My boat Monark Victory( sold to me as a Haines Signiture) first boat that I have owned so was a bit green. Has toilet inside cabin

Length = 5.2m

Motor - 90hp Tohatsu 2 stroke

70L under floor fuel tank, 50L fuel tank at rear between seats

twin batteries (moved from rear to under feet when sitting to move weight forward rewired by me

new floor and stringers 6months ago, new bait tank(plumbed) and catch tank

Jobs to do - new trim tabs thinking of getting auto ones, tidy up wiring behind gauges.

more photos to follow due to restrictions

I have just towed to boat from Wollongong to port Hedland WA took 5 1/2 days with a ford FG xr6 with no issues

20190831_155532.jpg

20190831_155605.jpg

20190831_155944.jpg

Edited by pegz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, motiondave said:

Nice boat. I'm thinking of something a bit bigger than my current boat as well.and this looks like a possibility. 

And I see you towed it with a good ol falcon. I wonder if an AU 6 cyl, would still tow something like this...

it should do, I averaged 10.5 L/KM driving from Wollongong to port hedland. I was a bit worried about the ramps over here as the tides are huge but it pulls out the long ramp easy

4 minutes ago, motiondave said:

Cheers Pegz, 

cool, as the XR6 is about 200 hp and a barra twin cam while my old thing is only the single cam 150hp. Pretty good fuel economy actually from yours, mines about 15l per 100km, but thats city driving, probably a bit better on highway. and thats towing.

Admittedly, the faclons are known for good towing

I just go to local ramps around Sydney and Hawkesbury, have not been to Belammbi or Port as yet, probably not going to. Yet to go to Illawarra lake for a fish.

Mines not that heavy, not sure on total weight, maybe near 800kg? 

Any idea how much your boat and trailer would weigh all up?

Regards, David.

Not sure on total weight but it is heavy, the xr6 has a higher towing capacity than xr6Turbo. My next car will be a 4X4. I launched at port ramp and had a bit of trouble on the Anderson grid that they have at the bottom.

I usually launch at Berkley ramp on the lake and go out through the entrance, then when the swell picks up come back into lake and do some more fishing. I am going to go to Sydney harbour one day.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:13 PM, pegz said:

Hi

New member, restarted fishin a couple of years ago. My boat Monark Victory( sold to me as a Haines Signiture) first boat that I have owned so was a bit green. Has toilet inside cabin

Length = 5.2m

Motor - 90hp Tohatsu 2 stroke

70L under floor fuel tank, 50L fuel tank at rear between seats

twin batteries (moved from rear to under feet when sitting to move weight forward rewired by me

new floor and stringers 6months ago, new bait tank(plumbed) and catch tank

Jobs to do - new trim tabs thinking of getting auto ones, tidy up wiring behind gauges.

more photos to follow due to restrictions

I have just towed to boat from Wollongong to port Hedland WA took 5 1/2 days with a ford FG xr6 with no issues

Nice mate you sound like my long lost twin.  I have same size boat and motor.  I want to put side guides on my trailer so its easier to load when im on my own (alot of the time).  I like your seat setup I need to do something like that to try and save some space.  I was also looking at the auto trim tabs and i moved batteries up under my feet recently as well!!!

I also might be looking at a new transom/stringers.  Was wondering how much it all cost you?  Did you get it done professionally or did you do it yourself?

Cheers

11 hours ago, Fishop said:

Nice mate you sound like my long lost twin.  I have same size boat and motor.  I want to put side guides on my trailer so its easier to load when im on my own (alot of the time).  I like your seat setup I need to do something like that to try and save some space.  I was also looking at the auto trim tabs and i moved batteries up under my feet recently as well!!!

I also might be looking at a new transom/stringers.  Was wondering how much it all cost you?  Did you get it done professionally or did you do it yourself?

Cheers

Hi

I seen the side guides on ebay for $250, thought that was too much so made them myself parts from Bunnings and a shop. the floor and stringers were professionally done I made the seat boxes and had them fibre glassed and installed with the floor, they can be removed easily by a couple of screws. Transom was in good condition. in all it cost $5500 and 4 weeks. I will need to make new lids when I get back home as I hadn't had time to finish them before leaving. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, spinmaster said:

Quintrex 420 Busta W/Suzuki 40hp 

Converted this bad boy from a tiller steer to forward steer and never looked back!! lattest edition is the live bait tank!!!

IMG_1190.jpg

60578564607__27C27996-9EAD-4043-A2AE-1BE15E9D2D22.jpg

60464374750__555E2AD9-8845-41E7-8DEA-A0ABC05A5A8E.jpg

That looks like a you have made some well throughout & great changes to the Quiny.

Enjoy :thumbup:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Bit the Bullet got this 4 weeks ago, she's been out 8 times twice outside loving every minute of my new lifestyle. 499 Crossfire 75 Yamaha outboard. Lowrance 9" HDS Live sounder. I can say I have no complaints with this boat rides and drives like a dream.

Sarah and Boat.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Here's mine. Quintrex Cruiseabout, undoubtedly one of the best models ever made. Out of the Kirrawee factory. Great, solid boat. Currently selling,, but am in two minds.....

quin.jpg

g7.jpg

• Like 4

Starting to get mine how I like it now. Raised the engine, played with props settled on a 21 pitch 4 blade. Fitted trim tabs, re-wired and fitted basic electronics. Re-fitted the aluminium trailer with a custom skid system to suit the variable dead-rise and widening planing plank. Its now becoming a bit more of a weapon that can ride at a level attitude in less than perfect conditions and so far from the boat I bought.

1843415664__JDP192910_44_35am.jpg.834a60000dbf7ba84d21ba11198eaec3.jpg

1571773746__JDP193610_44_35am.jpg.d35bb45af1e2919e7538e0dd12c70885.jpg

_JDP2067.jpg.017bcf55fc677f47e1da832ded36fa7a.jpg

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Killer said:

Here's mine. Quintrex Cruiseabout, undoubtedly one of the best models ever made. Out of the Kirrawee factory. Great, solid boat. Currently selling,, but am in two minds.....

quin.jpg

g7.jpg

Looking good.

Quintrex hulls stand the test of time & will pretty much outlast us on this earth.

Im still fishing out of my fathers 1969 Sportsman, just needs a repaint but other than that is still going strong!