Members Boats.

Ken A

On 6/9/2020 at 1:33 PM, JonD said:

Starting to get mine how I like it now. Raised the engine, played with props settled on a 21 pitch 4 blade. Fitted trim tabs, re-wired and fitted basic electronics. Re-fitted the aluminium trailer with a custom skid system to suit the variable dead-rise and widening planing plank. Its now becoming a bit more of a weapon that can ride at a level attitude in less than perfect conditions and so far from the boat I bought.

1843415664__JDP192910_44_35am.jpg.834a60000dbf7ba84d21ba11198eaec3.jpg

1571773746__JDP193610_44_35am.jpg.d35bb45af1e2919e7538e0dd12c70885.jpg

_JDP2067.jpg.017bcf55fc677f47e1da832ded36fa7a.jpg

What trim tabs did you use

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 12:42 PM, Killer said:

Here's mine. Quintrex Cruiseabout, undoubtedly one of the best models ever made. Out of the Kirrawee factory. Great, solid boat. Currently selling,, but am in two minds.....

g7.jpg

Sad day for me last Monday. Stormy ll has gone to live at Moruya with its new owner.  I was looking at a 17ft Viking but the boss said, "don't you dare".

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Killer said:

Sad day for me last Monday. Stormy ll has gone to live at Moruya with its new owner.  I was looking at a 17ft Viking but the boss said, "don't you dare".

Im sure its brought you many years of joy & now moving on to give others joy.

Its one of those facts of life that when we move on or forward we must leave something behind.

Just think what the new boat will bring.............................when your allowed to get it :whistling: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just got this little number her name is "seascout" shes a 22.5 ft custom , runs on a 4 Cylinder Perkins diesel, top speed of about 8 knots. 😁 shes pretty much an empty canvas that I'll fit out for fishing whilst trying to maintain the look. 

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Plumb said:

Just got this little number her name is "seascout" shes a 22.5 ft custom , runs on a 4 Cylinder Perkins diesel, top speed of about 8 knots. 😁 shes pretty much an empty canvas that I'll fit out for fishing whilst trying to maintain the look. 

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

I like it, looks cool & can see it being a great boat to fish out of :biggrinthumb:

Be nice if you could add another 4 cylinders though 😬

Only thing is the steering wheel is on the wrong side, I think that would make me think Im driving in the wrong lane :whistling:😅 

6 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

I like it, looks cool & can see it being a great boat to fish out of :biggrinthumb:

Be nice if you could add another 4 cylinders though 😬

Only thing is the steering wheel is on the wrong side, I think that would make me think Im driving in the wrong lane :whistling:😅 

Lol yes I’d be happy with 2 additional cylinders... I believe she was built in Clyde UK so the wheel is on the correct side 🤔

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 8:25 PM, pegz said:

I have looking at them wondered if they worked well

They have worked very well on every boat Ive used them on with the exception of my zodiac. They have greatly improved the four Haines signatures Ive owned over the years. 

I would recommend anyone who uses them to get some wet'n'dry to smooth over the edges of the plates as they can be a little sharp and could possibly cut line.

On 8/7/2020 at 3:46 PM, Plumb said:

That's a cracker of a tub mate. Be a great fishing platform all be it very slow. She'd be pretty economical for a days trolling to id imagine.

I'd have to move the steering wheel across to the other side though

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I purchased my 2005 model 21ft Seaswirl Striper centre console around 4 years ago, it was love at first sight when I saw her on Boatsales (Her navy blues sides and gold rod holders 🤤😆) - I couldn't believe the guy selling her lived local!

I went to get it re-registered after purchasing and the lady at the RMS started cracking up, it wasn't on any paper work I had but the vessels name was 'The Panty Dropper', apparently it's bad luck to change a boats name so it stayed! (Of course I had to get a logo made up) 😝

898664424_TPDLogo3.png.58918a8fd19482b0aaffa8aa93440fd9.png

326551564_TPDSwansea.jpg.481f4bbb3a145e38151b49137e1e61f7.jpg

197317886_TPDLakeMacquarie.jpg.a2534afe2aca9ea63ef940b776c316c9.jpg

186508367_TPDWoyWoy.jpg.2393ce26232fd66e9eba64892f4c0469.jpg

Come say hi, or call me over the radio if you see us on the water! 🤙🍻

Cheers, Brendo

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Brendan Monks said:

I purchased my 2005 model 21ft Seaswirl Striper centre console around 4 years ago, it was love at first sight when I saw her on Boatsales (Her navy blues sides and gold rod holders 🤤😆) - I couldn't believe the guy selling her lived local!

I went to get it re-registered after purchasing and the lady at the RMS started cracking up, it wasn't on any paper work I had but the vessels name was 'The Panty Dropper', apparently it's bad luck to change a boats name so it stayed! (Of course I had to get a logo made up) 😝

898664424_TPDLogo3.png.58918a8fd19482b0aaffa8aa93440fd9.png

326551564_TPDSwansea.jpg.481f4bbb3a145e38151b49137e1e61f7.jpg

197317886_TPDLakeMacquarie.jpg.a2534afe2aca9ea63ef940b776c316c9.jpg

Come say hi, or call me over the radio if you see us on the water! 🤙🍻

Cheers, Brendo

She's a nice looking rig Brendo 👌

I know you say she chews the juice so have you thought about re powering??

There's been a few topics on here about the subject.

Anyway got to be happy with suchc a fine vessel regardless 👍

On 9/11/2020 at 6:05 PM, kingie chaser said:

She's a nice looking rig Brendo 👌

I know you say she chews the juice so have you thought about re powering??

There's been a few topics on here about the subject.

Anyway got to be happy with suchc a fine vessel regardless 👍

Cheers mate! Yeah I often think about it - A chance to get a bigger HP as well (It is rated to a 225hp) 🤪 I haven't really done too much researching on pricing etc. on a new 4 stroke. I've never had a problem with it mechanically, just the amount of fuel it uses. I guess it's something I've just put in the 'too hard basket' - I'll search the subject on the forum 👍

Edited by Brendan Monks

On 9/14/2020 at 8:32 AM, Brendan Monks said:

Cheers mate! Yeah I often think about it - A chance to get a bigger HP as well (It is rated to a 225hp) 🤪 I haven't really done too much researching on pricing etc. on a new 4 stroke. I've never had a problem with it mechanically, just the amount of fuel it uses. I guess it's something I've just put in the 'too hard basket' - I'll search the subject on the forum 👍

Have a look at this Brendon.

@zmk1962 aka Zoran is the man to talk to is your serious about it.

Im not one to look in detail into the technicals of the subject but if he tells me he has almost halved his fuel bill from repowering all while dropping 50hp then I believe the man!

He knows his stuff 😉

Edited by kingie chaser

28 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Have a look at this Brendon.

@zmk1962 aka Zoran is the man to talk to is your serious about it.

Im not one to look in detail into the technicals of the subject but if he tells me he has almost halved his fuel bill from repowering all while dropping 50hp then I believe the man!

He knows his stuff 😉

Cheers @kingie chaser Appreciate it!

I've had mine for 3/4 years now, I could cry when I think of how much fuel I've put through her! Yeah definitely keen to get something sorted soon - I won't have time before this Marlin season though 😥 I'll have a chat to Zoran about the subject🤙

6 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

He knows his stuff 😉

Thanks KC !   Happy to help if I can. @Brendan Monks just send me a PM with contact details probably easier to chat.

Our Brown's trip stats:  motor ran for 10hrs straight (Ermington to Browns, idle in reverse to spot lock, move positions, Brown's to 12mile, troll 12mile, return to Ermo), we covered 177km on water. Speeds: heads to Browns return was at 45-55km/h, speed Rose Bay to Ermo - Dieter took it up to 60km/h (5000rpm). Total fuel used 112L  (unleaded 95).

Instantaneous consumption: idle in reverse to spot lock: 1.5km/h: 2L/hr ;  trolling 12km/h: 6L/hr

Boat weight was at 1972kg + your weight KC so a tad over 2T !

Cheers Zoran

Edited by zmk1962
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Thanks KC !   Happy to help if I can. @Brendan Monks just send me a PM with contact details probably easier to chat.

Our Brown's trip stats:  motor ran for 10hrs straight (Ermington to Browns, idle in reverse to spot lock, move positions, Brown's to 12mile, troll 12mile, return to Ermo), we covered 177km on water. Speeds: heads to Browns return was at 45-55km/h, speed Rose Bay to Ermo - Dieter took it up to 60km/h (5000rpm). Total fuel used 112L  (unleaded 95).

Instantaneous consumption: idle in reverse to spot lock: 1.5km/h: 2L/hr ;  trolling 12km/h: 6L/hr

Boat weight was at 1972kg + your weight KC so a tad over 2T !

Cheers Zoran

Thanks Zoran, appreciate it! - I'll flick you a PM

Those numbers are amazing! Doing a trip like that I'd easy be using up to 250/300L (Not that my gauges show it clearly) 😆🤣

I have a 150hp 2 Stroke - All I can find on the net, you'll just get over 1km to the litre cruising 🤔

The mechanic has always told me it's a reliable as motor and you'll never have any trouble with it, but now fuel usage seems more of a concern to me. hahaha

5 hours ago, Brendan Monks said:

Thanks Zoran, appreciate it! - I'll flick you a PM

Those numbers are amazing! Doing a trip like that I'd easy be using up to 250/300L (Not that my gauges show it clearly) 😆🤣

I have a 150hp 2 Stroke - All I can find on the net, you'll just get over 1km to the litre cruising 🤔

The mechanic has always told me it's a reliable as motor and you'll never have any trouble with it, but now fuel usage seems more of a concern to me. hahaha

Shes a good looking rig that striper ! Them yanks might be tossers but they sure know how to make good fibreglass boats.

PS - if your chewing through 300L of fuel on a 177km trip then i would be looking to repower ASAP. You would pay off the cost of the engine in fuel savings in a few years at best and if you can sell the motor second hand for a few $$K even better.

As KC suggested - @zmk1962 is the man to talk to.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...