Members Boats.

Ken A

47 minutes ago, essjay said:

Started fishing in late December with SP from shore and realised pretty quick I needed to get a boat to make it more enjoyable so I picked this up last week to help me get to nirvana

WTB9-Boxed640x480.jpg

Never owned a boat before but do have 500+ hours experience with other water craft so its not totally new to me. Boat shown is not my actual boat however its close to identical. Mine came with a 40hp Etech on it and Lowrance fish finder/gps and overall the boat is in excellent condition which was a big requirement for me.  I am pretty darn excited and hope to be on the water this weekend rail hail or shine!

Got a pretty cracking deal on facebook of all places after months of looking, old owner had a new boat about to be delivered and just needed the renegade gone :)

Glad to see you ended up with a great looking boat. The Etec's are my favorite engine and I'm sure you will get plenty of hours with it. Does your boat have a electric bow mount motor and if so what make and model ?. 

Frank

13 hours ago, frankS said:

Glad to see you ended up with a great looking boat. The Etec's are my favorite engine and I'm sure you will get plenty of hours with it. Does your boat have a electric bow mount motor and if so what make and model ?. 

Frank

Hi Frank

Yes it came with a minn Koa something with ipilot. 55lb model. I still need to get an under standing of how the previous owner wired things up. I do know the troll motor has its own battery up front  but i am unsure if he has other things wired into it. Troll motor worked fine during the water test. Came with remote and manual so I should work it out pretty easily. Seller did say it was not connected to the Lowrance when I asked about that.  Lowrance is an Elite 7TI. Boat also has under floor tank which is something i wanted as well as a bimini ( which i have taken off for now along with a rear ladder, cover etc... 

Edited by essjay

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Raiders,

I was reminded by a raider that I would post an update on the ride replacing barrycuda.  So last week, after what seemed like an endless wait we finally took delivery of our new rig ... so let me introduce you to .... devOcean .

CruiseCraft Explorer 720 Hard Top, Yamaha 300HP, Garmin electronics.  Thanks to all the raiders that helped me with key decisions, references and their experiences.

image.thumb.png.7d84252789dcdb75a7e9325d7d50732b.png

image.thumb.png.0a1a78234377a6c3489b11685aa41956.png

image.thumb.png.89eb6d2b0e516e04397cf60826ed835e.png

Family commitments are going to keep us off the water until early November, but at least the water baby is home in the driveway.  Then it will be time to make memories !

Cheers Zoran

PS - The CCEX720HT was our choice after an 8month decision process where Maria and I looked at, and in several cases visited the factories of: Haines Hunter, Evolution, Caribbean, Southern Formula, Northbank, Parker, Revival ....

• Like 12

2 hours ago, frankS said:

Zoran. What a magnificent craft I can feel your joy at finally having her home. Looking forward to meeting her at some stage in person.

Frank

Thanks Frank ... as soon as it's run in I'll reach out to you for a session on the harbour.  Cheers Z

Well Zoran, it is bigger than Barry.

I can see a double row of trumpets on the roof in the 2nd photo - is that for sounding off to others that you have caught a fish? :1clap:

You can go camping in that boat, it is big enough to have a small fireplace on board. :074:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yowie said:

I can see a double row of trumpets on the roof in the 2nd photo - is that for sounding off to others that you have caught a fish? :1clap:

Nope ... special air horns ... installed just to blow YOU away if you get too close ! 🤣

2 hours ago, Yowie said:

it is big enough to have a small fireplace on board. :074:

... the closest thing to a fire place is the pie oven in the cabin .... should do the job to keep us warm.

Cheers Z

• Haha 3

On 10/17/2022 at 8:29 AM, zmk1962 said:

Hey Raiders,

I was reminded by a raider that I would post an update on the ride replacing barrycuda.  So last week, after what seemed like an endless wait we finally took delivery of our new rig ... so let me introduce you to .... devOcean .

CruiseCraft Explorer 720 Hard Top, Yamaha 300HP, Garmin electronics.  Thanks to all the raiders that helped me with key decisions, references and their experiences.

image.thumb.png.7d84252789dcdb75a7e9325d7d50732b.png

image.thumb.png.0a1a78234377a6c3489b11685aa41956.png

image.thumb.png.89eb6d2b0e516e04397cf60826ed835e.png

Family commitments are going to keep us off the water until early November, but at least the water baby is home in the driveway.  Then it will be time to make memories !

Cheers Zoran

PS - The CCEX720HT was our choice after an 8month decision process where Maria and I looked at, and in several cases visited the factories of: Haines Hunter, Evolution, Caribbean, Southern Formula, Northbank, Parker, Revival ....

Fabulous, all I can say :)

• Thanks 1

Can you share your secrets to the winning lotto numbers please?Asking for a friend.What a boat!!! congrats mate.All you need to do now is upgrade the cruiser to a road train to tow it as it looks like a child’s dinky next to it/

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2022 at 2:34 PM, Yowie said:

Well Zoran, it is bigger than Barry.

You can go camping in that boat, it is big enough to have a small fireplace on board. :074:

I can see a double row of trumpets on the roof in the 2nd photo - is that for sounding off to others that you have caught a fish? :1clap:I need those trumpets installed on my boat so I can blow them loudly to let you know your fish are getting caught.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Can you share your secrets to the winning lotto numbers please?Asking for a friend.What a boat!!! congrats mate.All you need to do now is upgrade the cruiser to a road train to tow it as it looks like a child’s dinky next to it/

🤣 … what’s the saying- gotta be in it to win it. 

Cruiser does just fine - 60kmh 2nd gear 4000rpm up mount Ousley, 105-110kmh on freeway … all good…. and I can still park it in the garage 👍

cheers Z

2 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

🤣 … what’s the saying- gotta be in it to win it. 

Cruiser does just fine - 60kmh 2nd gear 4000rpm up mount Ousley, 105-110kmh on freeway … all good…. and I can still park it in the garage 👍

cheers Z

I’ll never win it then as I can never be bothered.What sort of garage do you have?Aircraft hanger?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Brendan Monks said:

Amazing looking boat Zoran!!! Looks like you've included all the bells and whistles 😍

I notice you have outrigger bases on this boat! 👌🦄

I don’t think I left anything off the list - this is our dream boat.
Yes they are Reelax 550 bases - 5.5m carbon poles stored inside at the time of the shot. 
cheers Z

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fab1 said:

I’ll never win it then as I can never be bothered.What sort of garage do you have?Aircraft hanger?

😂 Fab Fab Fab. I was talking about the cruiser- it fits in the garage still !!!!!

cheers Z

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, GordoRetired said:

All I can say is WOW.... That looks awesome. With the 300 on the back that thing is going to fly. Recon that should be a great replacement for Barry. 🙂

Thanks Gordo …. continue our devotion to the Ocean … eh?

Just about to head out for the maiden run and start of the break-in procedure. 

cheers Z

• Like 1

• 3 months later...