Woronora River

Big-Pete

Just a quick report,

Mate and I went down to the Woronora River and after tossing lures around hoping for a bream or two gave up and resorted to pilchards. :wacko:

I cast the line out unweigthed and put the rod down, the shadows were getting long by now. The line started to move and picking up the rod I set the hook, after a long hard run and a bit of headshaking I lost the fish couldnt make out what it was but according to my mate it was about a foot long.

I rerigged still unweighted and cast out about half a pilli the head end, again I put the rod down and after a few miniutes it started to move I struck and the fish took off running over rocks and taking line ;I was only fishing 2kg, I managed to get the fish to the shore and over some reeds when the line broke I quickly grabed the fish and moved it up the bank a nice flathead a long way up the river, I returned the fish to the water and went home :1clap: .Me two Mate nil better luck next time. :badair:

Big-Pete

post-74-1112610074_thumb.jpg

Just a quick report,

a nice flathead a long way up the river, I returned the fish to the water and went home  :1clap:  .Me two Mate nil better luck next time. :badair:

Big-Pete

40498[/snapback]

Up above the foot bridge Pete?

Ken