Nelson Bay

Guest fishrunner

Guest fishrunner

hi, went up to nelson bay on weekend, got 1st marlin for mates boat :1clap: , he's been trying for a while. not a bad start though. I did the gaff work, so couldn't help myself and had to get a photo with the fish,heres a couple of pics. :clapping:, put up a hell of a fight, had to keep it and get her weighed as 1st marlin for boat. :thumbup::1yikes:

Guest fishrunner
Thats a top fish and what a great boat, what are the specs?

40526[/snapback]

56ft saltash, goes veryvery well in pretty much all conditions, cruises at 20 knots plus easily top speed 31 knots, but gets a little thirsty doing that. brought it back to sydney on sunday.

56ft saltash, goes veryvery well in pretty much all conditions, cruises at 20 knots plus easily top speed 31 knots, but gets a little thirsty doing that. brought it back to sydney on sunday.

40527[/snapback]

congrats on the first marlin

not bad cruise and top end speed - is the boat a saltash or a salthouse ?

Guest fishrunner
Congratulations Mate!!

Having only recently broken my Marlin virginity I can assume you and the team were rather thrilled!!  :1clap:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Cheers

40575[/snapback]

absolutely, the skipper was over the moon especially when you consider that he fished the billfish comp in port stephens with a hired crew for zip, then takes out a few mates and gets a beauty. :1naughty: , we had a few other hits and runs, but the hooks didn't stick :( . . he swore the boats staying in port till he gets a marlin in it,,, so it all worked out very well with cheers and beers all round :beersmile::beersmile: , have a good one, . nice snapper in the photo by the way! :thumbup:

Guest fishrunner
how much did it weigh?

40755[/snapback]

96 kg to be exact, though we were all estimating the 120 mark at the time!, cheers

Bash,

When I saw the Pic I called it for 75-80kg. I then showed Dave and he said about 80kg too. I was surprised when I read it weighed 96kg.

Maybe some of those fish you caught were slightly bigger than we guestmated

:blush::blush:

Chris

Guest fishrunner

here's another pic if your curious,, I'm 6ft 3, so this may give a better perspective, it was the boats and the crew's 1st marlin, we just all thought "shit thats huge! :1yikes: . cheers

Its good to see that you have helped to break the Boats "duck".

That sure is a nice looking boat to,should be just the right size to handle the westerleys off sydney when you are trying for yellowfin in a few months.If you want a hand cutting up the pillies on board I will generously make an offer.

simon :thumbup: