Talpin Park With Pics

Bentstik

Finally got down to have a look and take some picks. Here they are

post-3318-1260065504_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1260065589_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1260065626_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1260065652_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1260065681_thumb.jpg

Watched 8 boats go in and out without dramas and that pontoon has been long time coming. With lines marked out theres plenty of room. :thumbup::thumbup: Parking is still the same so get there early.

Cheers Silvo - Bentstik

Finally got down to have a look and take some picks. Here they are

post-3318-1260065504_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1260065589_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1260065626_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1260065652_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1260065681_thumb.jpg

Watched 8 boats go in and out without dramas and that pontoon has been long time coming. With lines marked out theres plenty of room. :thumbup::thumbup: Parking is still the same so get there early.

Cheers Silvo - Bentstik

nice1 getting the pics bentsik ,i also monitored the ramp today and it worked very well as now no one has to sit at ramp waiting to park cars and boat traffic moved in and out with no hold ups it was great to see,now just to educate the few who turn into turning area and then start their rigging process instead of doing it before the turning lanes.we will be intouch with maritime for a few signs on rigging and derigging and hope the car park extension will happen oneday soon.cheers dunc333

Looks much better with the lines marked.When I used it on tuesday the fencing was still there

and no lines marked.That was a very good idea. Will help those that have trouble and like to use two lanes.

DON`T forget when they increase the parking they will increase the cost to park there.

LETS hope its no more than double what it is now.

• 1 month later...

I have used taplin park / drummoyne ramp. Finally a local council has used the american boat ramp design and we have a ramp with a loading dock like facility where you do not need to drive your boat on/off and can easily launch / retrieve by yourself.

Becareful of the sand bars on either side when trying to take off especially on the single lane side, seen a few boats get caught in it.

Secondly, the most annoying part is the sign says clearly TRAILER parking only, yet you still have imbosiles parking their car there. Out of the 30 odd parking spots on average 10 are used up by cars. Then comes the problem when the boat owner has to park his car on the street, some 500m-1km away and have angry residents having a trailer/car at the front of their house.

That floating pontoon looks great Silvo as long as you don't get a heap of people fishing off it and destroying the whole idea of easy launcing & retreving your boat. Should have a sign saying for boarding & disembarking of vessels only. My opinion only. Sorry land based raiders.

Regards Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

the money for carpark upgrade has come through from the state gov $768.661 it will provide another 44 spaces for trailer parking ,cleaning tables and rigging and derigging areas ,lets hope they get the timing right this time and do the upgrade in winter!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

• 9 months later...

What sort of crowd uses this ramp ? i was going to have a fish in the morning on my own and i find nothing worse than a crowded ramp of impatient wankers who would rather whinge then help ppl who are sometimes struggling . Also im a shocker reversing from my new ute (cant see my empty traler) and i hate looking like a noob lol. I find a ramp mainly used by fisho's seems to be pretty freindly.

Edited by Macnaz