Pirtek Challenge 2010

arpie

Hi all

The 2010 Pirtek challenge has been announce & wil be held on Sunday, 11th April. Entries opening on 4 January and closing on 28 March, 2010, so lock these dates away in your diary.

Fishraider had a heap of entrants this year, so let's lead the way again!! Let's just hope the weather is better next year - this year was a shocker!!!

A fellow Raider, Cory aka BTK came second this year with a terrific flathead - so let's see if we can come first next year!!

This year’s Fishing Challenge prize pool will give every State and Territory the chance to win 'BIG CASH' and terrific prizes. Pirtek together with Berkley, Lowrance and Evinrude have amassed a massive prize pool in excess of $100,000.00. Please log on to www.pirtekfishingchallenge.com.au for full details and registration.

I'll be doing it - how about you??

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dene and I will enter again in 2010 for sure. :thumbup: Regardless of the weather or result, it's a very worthy cause and one that has sadly touched several members' families, including my own. This is one to get behind, Raiders

Cheers

Hodgey

Looks good, I wonder what the target species will be.

Put in a reminder already.

BTW does fishraider qualify as a fishing club?

Paid my $20.00.

Cant wait to see what species they are going to target. :)

Edited by althasaur

also where do u go for the challenge is there a particular river system or waters that you must fish in etc.. or is this going by a get out in any waters catch the target fish and upload the pics.

either way $20 is nothing to pay and its going to a good cause so ill be in even if i dont get out for the fish :P + get brag mat and a cap :P

depending on what the target fish is ill probably be able to catch some :P

They usually do it so everyone can catch their target fish in your nearest waterway. Inland it could be cod/yellas etc, mountains it could be trout, coastal probably flatties & whiting & maybe bream.

They are usually chosen so that land based anglers have as good a chance at catching a fish as boat/yak anglers.

They also give you a Number code the night before the challenge, which must be included in the photo of your submitted fish on the Sunday. That way, people can't use a fish caught & photographed the day before!

It is a fun way of 'contributing' funds to a very worthy cause that will no doubt affect everyone at some stage in their life, whether they be the partner, the child, friend, workmate or the sufferer!

Roberta

All you blokes - just remember - the earlier prostate problems are detected, the easier it is to effect a cure! So, don't be shy - go & get checked every year!!! Making it a regular thing, eg on your birthday or some other significant date, makes it so much easier to remember!

Calendar noted & a great cause too.

Shame last year was a howler. :1badmood:

Hand already in the air for a spot on a boat. Please PM me now or closer if anything available. Shared expenses no problem. :thumbup: Happy to travel but Northern Beaches preferred.

Slabslinger

Edited by slabslinger

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in! (not for a prostate exam............as a fella, I'll go to the doc only if crook) but for the Pirtek Challenge, BRING IT ON!! and I hope a Fishraider (hopefully me) , is up for a prize!!

What is the definition of a 'Fishing Club' for the challenge? (Therefore enabling Fishraiders to participate in the club challenge) If a membership fee is a requirement, I am certain most partcipants would be willing to contribute a dollar or 10 to become a 'member' of Fishraider Fishing Club? Worth looking into?

Greg