• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received this e-mail recently:

Hello to all registered anglers

Just an update regarding the delivery date of your Fishing Challenge cap and brag mat. Our shipment from China has been delayed and is now expected to arrive the first week of March. We will commence posting immediately upon receipt.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience in advance.

Kind regards Michael Guest

Cheers

Hodgey

Im really keen as this is the first i have ever heard of this competition. Although one thing im not quite sure, Ive read on the website that you will recieve an e-mail before the day informing you on what species of fish. However, do they also give you the location ?

Im really keen as this is the first i have ever heard of this competition. Although one thing im not quite sure, Ive read on the website that you will recieve an e-mail before the day informing you on what species of fish. However, do they also give you the location ?

That's the beauty of this competition, mate ... you get to fish YOUR favourite/local area. Landbased or boat. You just need to keep your fingers crossed that the target species can be found in your area ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

That's the beauty of this competition, mate ... you get to fish YOUR favourite/local area. Landbased or boat. You just need to keep your fingers crossed that the target species can be found in your area ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

Thats bloody awesome then. In the fishing club part of the application . Am i supposed to put in Fishraider? Either way my 20 dollars is in.

I've signed up now. Will hopefully be "with yak" by then to give me greater catching options.

Not that winning anything is the point to this anyway - it's a good cause that deserves my $20 and if I can get a whole days fishing out of it even better!

High Tides for the 11th (for Sydney anyway) appear to be just after 6am and 6pm giving everyone the opportunity to fish a run-in or run-out tide.

Good uck everyone!

A couple of other boys and i from school are going in it (all raiders).

Were all really looking forward and were gonna be getting in heaps of practice well in advance to be as ready as we can, haha. Out of all four boys its our first comp and the amount of excitement and talk is really great.

good luck to everyone who enters its gonna be a great comp.

BTF :1fishing1:

So basically the evening before they will e-mail you what species you have to catch. and then the following morning you can just go wherever you want to catch that specific species of fish. Am i correct, sorry im still quite unclear on the challenge.

So basically the evening before they will e-mail you what species you have to catch. and then the following morning you can just go wherever you want to catch that specific species of fish. Am i correct, sorry im still quite unclear on the challenge.

Yep, that's about it in a nutshell. :fisher:

I'm of the belief that they also give you your unique ID number thingy in that same email about the target species which will arrive the night b4 the event. When you take your photos of the fish you wish to submit, you have to take a clear picture of the fish on their brag mat and have your unique ID visible in the photo. This is all to ensure people are able to only submit their own catches that they have caught on the day.

I'm of the belief that they also give you your unique ID number thingy in that same email about the target species which will arrive the night b4 the event. When you take your photos of the fish you wish to submit, you have to take a clear picture of the fish on their brag mat and have your unique ID visible in the photo. This is all to ensure people are able to only submit their own catches that they have caught on the day.

this video is on the Pirtek Fishing Challenge site and on the Facebook Page

http://pirtekfishingchallenge.com.au/photo...hing-your-fish/

Does not have to be on the they brag mat but your PFC ID number has to be in the photo

Cameron

Edited by land based

Damn i was hoping it would be something of the saltwater species..

This year QLD, NSW and VIC will have one native freshwater species in their target group of fish

There will be more than one target species for NSW anglers. One will be a freshwater fish, and the balance will be saltwater.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still very keen and excited. I encourage everyone here to participate. This is my first time ive ever heard of it, regardless of whether you win anything or not, im sure the day would be fun and your $20 is going to a good cause. I dont think the berkely hat is going to fit on my head but the brag mat is still awesome :)

I'm in!! Now let's just pray for fine weather ..........unlike last year when it bucketted down all day!

Will it be flathead again for NSW East Coast? Been ignoring them in preference to bream, recently! :wacko:

Cheerio

Roberta