Pirtek Challenge 2010

arpie

Joined up last week, hope for good weather this time :)

I'm betting bream will be one of the target species since it wasn't one last time. Flathead are nice and abundant and fairly easy to catch so i think they will remain on the list. That means 1 more saltwater species.... hmmm. Will it be whiting again or something different?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Latest update:

Your cap and mat has been sent today to the address nominated on your registration. If you provided both a street address and PO Box the package has been sent to your street address due to the size of the envelope.

Please allow 7-10 days for Australia Post to do their job, however, if it has not arrived within this time period please contact fishingchallenge@pirtek.com.au.

If any of your family or friends are considering entering the Challenge please let them know they still have two weeks to do so with entries closing 28 March 2010. We want to see as many blue caps as possible on or near the water on 11 April supporting the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.

We will accept late registrations up until 4 April, however, there will be an additional postage and handling fee of $15 for this week to cover express post fees.

Thanks for supporting the 2010 Challenge and good luck on the 11th.

Tight lines,

Michael Guest.

PS: Just a reminder - South Australia has two saltwater species, not one freshwater and one saltwater as previously advised.

Cheers

Hodgey

Will be fishing a comp weekend on lake macquarie on the same weekend so heres hoping it will be bream as i have been doing very well on the bream up there lately , getting lots of 25 ers but a fair few 34 to 36 mark, also a few snapper around the 34 mark. Cheers Laurie.

Yep got mine too - I'm quite impressed actually, particularly with the hat!

I find myself getting quite excited about the day now too :) I really hope I bump into a few more people who have entered on the day

The letter that came with them says to take a few extra shots with us holding the fish, in case they need them for publication etc - that might be quite tricky for those who are fishing alone, or even worse fishing from a kayak like I probably will. Gonna be tricky to take my own pic :)

:Funny-Post: :Funny-Post: Maybe they got a discount on the hats?? Or maybe the manufacturer thought they bargained too good a price & got back at them??

Got mine today too - was giving the Keith the hat, then read the destructions which say that if you get a 'mighty fish' you should take a pic of yourself with the hat on!! :wacko: I don't like peaked caps!! :( Ah well, small price to pay (if you get the MIGHTY fish!)

Good luck everyone!

Roberta