Lilli Pilli Baths 23/12

reel_success

i dusted off my fishing gear and headed on down to the baths in hope of catching some good bread and butter fish or getting one of these infamous kings [kingie virgin].

got down to the baths around 11 am with a rising tide, early on got some nice hits on prawns, taking time to produce a fish on the wharf. so getting backing to fishing after a break i perfected catching fish and for a while i brought in a fish for each bait i cast out. unfortunately all these fish were little bream and snapper all too small to keep. i got some yellow tail also that i put out on a larger bait that went untouched.

as the tide changed the fishing slowed down, with only small fish been caught by when i left around 3pm.

ALL in all nice day in the sun, but it would have been nice to bring some fish home

Edited by cam

Sounds Like a Fun Day would have been nice on the water....

Next time rig up a squid strip if you did not try that today.

Have a Merry Christmas and look forward to your post about you 1st Kingy Nothing prepares you for it that's for sure and I'm sure it will happen soon enough as there are a few around especially in the Hacking where you were....

Regards,

Nathan :1fishing1:

Guest Aussie007

we have seen kingy's there u need to burly hard i also used one of those sweep as a live bait strait out off the wharf pulled in a nice flatty you also need to be there an hour before sun up