New To Fishraider

troynsam

Hi all,

new to fishraider, wet a line in early December pulled in a 66cm Trevally at the 3rd runway Botany Bay - biggest I've seen around these parts.

post-12087-1262339214_thumb.jpg

:thumbup:

Caught on a sandworm soft plastic.

Had a fish on the local river - Georges River (near Revesby) on Monday but only pulled in a small flattie and whiting.

Got a new boat (a 1975 model fish/ski boat) a few months ago and looking forward to taking it out up at Forster to see whats about in the next few days.

Happy fishing!

Have to add my 5 cents worth - that is an amazing trev. What a monster. What gear were you using? Were you targeting trevs or was it a bycatch?

BTW - welcome to Fishraider and hope to hear more reports in future ...

:1welcomeani: to FR mate, that's a stonker trev, hope you get out there in your boat and post up a few reports.. :thumbup:

Hi all, Thanks for the many welcomes and reply's

Yer it was a awsome fight as soon as it hit zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's out to open water, i thought it was a jewfish, then turned and headed towards the boat thinking i was going to lose it, stayed tight lines it went four times under the boat and two big runs to the bottom.

when it eventially came up a big flash of silver (its a jewfish) then got the net another turn on the tica 500 series reel It's a Trevally i couldn't belive it a trevally. Man my heart was racing i hadn't been for a fish for awhile so the small reel could have had 6lb or 10lb with 10lb leader as usually fish the georges river with 6lb braid.

I thought it was lost and should have been in Queensland.

Yer was just taking the new boat for a test run, a mate took his boat out also so just took some plastics and the favourite sandworms.

Back from Forster now had a top time apart from four days of rain, The water is so crystal clear saw some big blackfish and whitting hanging around the oyster racks, Managed some nice blue swimmer crabs and had fun with poppers on a sandflat for bream and whitting not far from where we were camping.

Can't wait to get back on the georges and see what's about or out the runway. Happy fishing

Troy

That would have to be regarded as a G.T. wouldn't it? I've never seen one that big taken inshore in NSW before. :thumbup:

Regards Jeff

G'day Jeff yer that's what i was thinking but spoke to a few older fisho and they use to see alot of them off the rocks more so down the south coast, tho more i speak about there's been a few big silver trev's caught in the bay.

Cheers Troy

Troy

G'day Jeff yer that's what i was thinking but spoke to a few older fisho and they use to see alot of them off the rocks more so down the south coast, tho more i speak about there's been a few big silver trev's caught in the bay.

Cheers Troy

congrats on your catch i caught a big trev went 53cm in the bay a while back it was so thick... i got him on a live prawn

post-10665-1263279022_thumb.jpg

Edited by mc fishn

Troy

Cheers Troy

congrats on your catch i caught a big trev went 53cm in the bay a while back it was so thick... i got him on a live prawn

Thank's Jeff yer there a Awsome fish, Big Trev's can't wait to get back out there.

:1welcomeani: ripper trev mate,well done.you look fimiliar to me,is your name andrew?

G'day champ no, but i do have a brother that looks smiliar to me his name is Andrew

cheers Troy