A Thumper Of A Mako

runamuk

Hi all,

Headed out off Port Hacking yesterday in search of a big Tiger as there have been a few around lately, we set up drift on the shelf off Stanwell and 30 minuites later we were greeted by a Huge Mako doing backflips in our slick,,,, We were hooked up, The Mako didnt do a real lot and stayed up high and the chase was on.

40 min later the trace was up and all went to clockwork, gaffs were in , tail ropes were on and beers were opened.

After spending the next 1.5hrs pulling the beast on board it was time to head home, back at the wharf the big Mako pulled the scales down to 365kg ,a new club record and a great fish on 15kg.

By the way it was Runamuk's maiden voyage and what a way to christen the new boat.

post-5334-1262752524_thumb.jpg

post-5334-1262752549_thumb.jpg

Edited by runamuk

Nice catch!

Pardon my naivety, but are big sharks like this one eaten?

I was wondering the same thing. Not that I'm judging or anything like that, but I'd have wondered what you'd do with it other than get a trophy. But if they get eaten then that's something at least...

Edited by abecedarian

Congratulations, that is one mighty mako on 15kg from a 21 footer

At 40 minutes on 15kg he must have been a real arm streacher on the trace.

A gutsy effort that must have required some real team work to make it all happen (drive the boat, fight the fish, trace, gaffs and tail rope) Well done guys

Unreal... what an awsome beast, it's all been said above... Congratulations!!

The rebuilt Berty looks as good or better than the fish!! What engine did you opt for (if repowered)?

The re build of the boat took a while but has come up good, im happy with her, i reco'd the Merc 470 that was in it when i bought the boat.

Cheers

Dave