Flint And Steel Thurs 7th

pogo

Got out to F & S thurs evening, pretty quiet, one good flathead and a couple of little bream.

No jewies which were the target. baits used squid pillies tailor (live and slab)

Got the flathead on a tailor slab

Plenty of horrid pike eels and PJ Sharks

isnt it funny how when it starts to go pear shaped it all goes at once.

Just as we decided to pack up, around 11 ish it started to bucket down, then had battery trouble, must be losing some somewhere, any one know how much nav lights draw. however truly amazed at the relative ease that a 125 Mariner started using the emergency pull cord. one pull and she fired up straight away. Then major hassle getting the pick back off that anchor hungry reef, dont want to lose another there. then a slow trip back in pouring rain and low vis.

Fortunately the wind had died by the time we got back to the ramp which made retrieval easy.

Special Flathead recipe for dinner tomorrow Yum.

Regards POGO

post-143-1112920050_thumb.jpg

Mine does thankfully,

In the top of the inside of the engine cowl is a small bag with an emergency pull cord and instruction sheet ( waterproof which is a nice touch).

The instructions tell you to remove the flywheel cover, plastic cover over flywheel held on with 4 nylon butterfly nuts. This exposes the flywheel which has slots in it to fit the pull cord and a groove to run the cord round, the cord is short only goes around 1 1/2 times but it seemed to work really well.

This was the first time I had tried it but my advise now would be check under your cowl or read your manual and see if you have one and maybe give it a test run one day it could be a life saver and generally a time and embarrassment saver.

I am off now to check the electricals on the boat because there is no way that the battery should have been as flat as it was wtih the loads that were on it.

It is also a new (2mths) battery.

Am also collecting bottle tops to fit two.

Regards POGO

Pedro

My mate got one big one on his third cast.

I was just about to give him some tips on squid jigging as it was his first go at it.

Converstation,

"Have you ever done this before,"

"no"

"well what you do is----"

"Ahh its ok I reckon Ive got one"

He was a good size so we just had a few more casts and shot around to F&S and actually picked up another little on that latched onto a strip of his big brother.

He went out live but to no avail.

Regards Pogo

Guest Jocool

Many moons ago you would take bottle tops to the milkbar and cash them in Telco! its an old saying. :1clap: Now THATS showing my age.