How To Flush Motor When Moored?

elite

Hi Raiders,

Considering investing in a 2nd hand boat and motor.

How would I flush the motor with freshwater if i was moored at Rose Bay?

Motor is 115hp, Yamaha (2006).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this is covered of in previous posts...

Cheers.

Only a guess but i think you would need to have an onboard fresh water tank or something.

Or the other option is to flush it at rose bay wharf then drive it back to the mooring, but that would still put salt back in the engine.

Harry

Hi, if you do not have access to freshwater it is very hard. An engine of that age will have a freshwater flushing port that if at a marina you can flush the engine with freshwater without running it, but if the boat is on a mooring than that makes it hard.

You could flush at the marina and then row/paddle out to the mooring.

Cheers,

Huey.

I don't think the Rose Bay ramp has a fresh water tap anywhere. Well, there is one but its been out of action since I've been going there (2 1/2 years)

Interestingly enough, I am currently inside the house to escape the heat from my shed, I'm plumbing up my deck wash (Salt water) with a Tee peice to allow suction from another point. The idea is to use the pump to flush my motor as I have a long drive back home from any saltwater launch. Also, it would be nice to have fresh water on tap to rinse my tackle too.

If you have a deck wash let me know & I'll post up some picks of my modification, its been very easy to do but is as yet untested.

hi elite im wif boof heads idea as i got a similar set up my signiture,get a decent deck wash ,set it up so u can change the inlet hose(fresh or salt) pretty easy then get a couple of 20lts water bottles onbored & when ur ready to moore ur boat tilt ur moter put ur muffs on conect or fresh water & flush away 20lts should be enouth to do ur moter n the rest for ur takle & other

hope this could help

Thanks all. I will try a combo of everone's idea.

I guess i'll try and flush out as much as possible at a wharf close by and/or use a 20lt "garbage bin" of freshwater and flush it out that way.

I'm guessingthat i need to run a hose into the "garbage bin" to the motor and the motor pumps itself?

Sorry, i don't much about motors (as yet).