Reels From The Usa

Raii

They might be cheaper but I enjoy talking to my favorite tackle shop mate who always gives me a good deal IMO.

Always feel good knowing i helped him earn a living in AUSTRALIA.

DON`T YOU.

They are the ones marking it up so much though. If more people start buying overseas then they will have to pull their prices down to remain competitive.

I picked up an o/s twinpowers several hundred dollars cheaper than one here. And twinpowers here are almost identical to the stella prices...as long as you are aware of the pros and cons , go for it. I support my local as much as possible, but some things are just to expensive due to the pricing polices the distributors have here.

I just Purchased 4 Tiagra 16 reels from the states for AU$493.00 each

Before I placed the order I went to my tackle guy who really looks after us and gave him the option to even get close to the US price as I would be happy to pay a bit more to keep the money here.Unfortunately he could not get any where near it as his buy price from the importer is AU$730.00

I will still buy the line and rods from him though as he is a good guy.

Its not the tackle store owner. In some cases they are getting the goods from the distributor at the same price some are getting them on the net?

Also advice and assistance costs!

This is a classic :lol:

A friend who works in a tackle store gets a phone call from a guy asking about the pros and cons of a particular rod. After talking for a few minutes the guy tells the tackle store guy he is at a certain chain store tackle place with the rod in his hand :-?

The friend asks him why the hell he is talking to him and not the people there? He replies they don't know about the rod and cant answer his questions.

Needless to say the friend tells him if he wants help he can come and buy the rod off him otherwise :x - his time is money.

The guy actually got indignant and couldn't understand the friends attitude and said he wouldn't shop at his store again, as the friend said to him, your not shopping here now!

Are people really this brazen :(

Between net buyers and this type of thing it will not be long before we don't have tackle stores that can prov the knowledge we need.

We will only have ourselves to blame.

They might be cheaper but I enjoy talking to my favorite tackle shop mate who always gives me a good deal IMO.

Always feel good knowing i helped him earn a living in AUSTRALIA.

DON`T YOU.

Hello Raiders,

I have bought Certate 4000 for $ 775, a week late it went for $ 540. What's the so i asked the guy who sold me the reel, he said " i have to lower the price to compete with sales on the internet". True

The tackle shop still there, still making plenty of money especially GFC.

I have recently bought a Shimano Stella 8000 SW brand new for $ 760 (delivered) from US

I still buy from my local tackle here and there but if it worths shopping then i will.

Cheers Henry