1st Bream On A Popper

diver1

headed down the creek this arv armed with a bushy stiffy popper, (my first try with poppers) started bloopen round, seen a dead tree in the water so started casting at it and 3rd cast i can see bout 5 bream all chasing my popper then this little one smashed it, so cool to see :thumbup:. released him and started casting the other way and seen a much bigger bream half leave the water to hit my popper but somehow didnt hook up , not bad for half hour fishen,:1prop: , lots a fun and ill be doing a lot more of this, thanks to hodgey and poddy trapper for giving me some great tips today :thumbup: ps sum pics of the creek.

post-7811-1263456674_thumb.jpg

post-7811-1263456692_thumb.jpg

post-7811-1263456709_thumb.jpg

Edited by diver1

Now that didn't take long, did it? :biggrin2: Well done mate. Scoring a 'first' is always memorable, especially if it is on the surface. Beaut stretch of water for tossing poppers ;) That particular popper colour is having fantastic success around Narooma at the moment! Keep up the great work.

Cheers

Hodgey

Ive caught bream on surface in the lake from 12ft deep and ive even caught bream from 20ft deep in the Clyde.It all depends on bait schools. If you see prawns skipping around have a throw you never know what you might catch.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...