Out For A Fish On Sunday 10th

pogo

got out for a Fish Sunday Morning with a mate and his son

tried to get out to the fishtraps but it was a bit of a washing machine out there,

short steep messy swell with a good chop on it, we got out about 2/3 of the way and the young bloke turned green and went for the side so we turned back.

He's a little trooper though as sonn as we were running downwind he brightened up a bit and wanted to know were we were going to fish next

Couple of long drifts past patonga for no result.

Back into the basin to cast around, nearly got into a blue with a richard head on a big cruiser who got real nasty because I cast a squid jig within about three feet of his gin palace. Seems to be a good placeto find an argument isnt that right Pedro.

Couple of drifts in Pittwater

No real result anywhere

Some pretty GROOVY fishing machines milling around at the Bayview Ramp as we launched in the morning. All the guns were out for the tournament.

Lost some respect for some of those blokes in their warp drive powered bass boats who acted like Hooray Henrys by blasting through the boats moored at West Head fishing for bait at 1 million miles per hr in their rush to get to the best rack and by through I mean like a slalom course.

Got back to the ramp about two ish and a bloke told me that up until then only 1 fishhad been weighed in.

Lovely day out on the water as the wind seemed to drop off through the day The Hawkesbury was like Pitt St.

had a chat to a few boats as we were cleaning up, one boat got some flathead and dollies wide but agreed that the ride was poor.

Another couplehad a bream and the biggest tarwhine Ive ever seen from west reef

Regards POGO

Guest Jocool
Seems to be a good placeto find an argument isnt that right

41630[/snapback]

Not wrong there Pogo! :1clap:

Sounds like an interesting day. :thumbup:

May not have been teh best day but it still beats working

Must admit I can't believe the lines that some of the comp boats took through the guys fishing West Head and F & S. But there were a few of us that gave the anchored boats a wide berth.

A small minority people doing stupid things is a great way to get all tournament fisho's tarred with the same brush.

Still those types are usually the ones who think because they jag the odd bream on a bit of plastic that they are better fisherman than everyone else so what more could you expect from them.

Losers :thumbdown:

YEP as I said there were some lovely boats that I saw launching and the few blokes I spoke to at the ramp were good blokesand pleasant to chat to.

amd most were gentlemen in their boats as well.

But sitting in the messy swell and chop at West Head the last thing we needed was the front runners slaloming through the moored boats. One bloke went by with his "non boater" sitting on the front pedestal seat on the casting platform hanging on for dear life as the boat almost got airborne over the seas. :1yikes:

In any bodies book thats just plain stupid. You can almost hear the prosecuting barrister at the manslaughter trial saying "Mr Tournofish you are aware that the manufacturer recomends a maximum speed of 5 mph whilst the pedestal seat is occupied, can you tell the jury and Mr Gonoverboards family what your speed was when MrGonoverboard fell from the vessel you were commanding." :1badmood:

I actually wasnt having a dig about the 1 fish thing, just reporting what I was told and I fully expected that more would be weighed in and was disappointed that they didnt have the big fish tank like they did last year at Narrabeen. If they had I would have hung around a while to watch. :1prop:

Regards POGO

PS I'm also not anti tournament, I would love to have a go. :1fishing1:

just anti rude bastard.

I was out on Sunday for a casual fish and launched at the Bayview ramp also. Some people have a major investment in those boats. I was amazed at the number and did not realise how big an event it is.

What I don’t understand is the benefit gained from the size motor on some of the boats which look more like a tricked up race boat than a bream/bass boat. That a practical view point. Then again if its your passion and you can afford it, why not.

Guest Jocool
What I don’t understand is the benefit gained from the size motor on some of the boats which look more like a tricked up race boat than a bream/bass boat. That a practical view point. Then again if its your passion and you can afford it, why not.

41941[/snapback]

I think the benefit Martin, is that they can zoom out and be the first to fish a particular spot. But sadly, some of those boats really arent built for going across any serious chop. :thumbdown: