Port Stephens Marlin

hotbite

Things are hotting up!! Botany Bay G.F.C boat Marquis had a 2 2 2 on Stripe Marlin on there way to Port Stephens yesterday,both fish were hooked and tagged at the Newcastle canyons on lures. Water temp was 24.8 degrees.

Also Sydney G.F.C. boat Ambition tagged a blue and a black marlin. I did hear of alot of other boats tagging fish last weekend......

Last weeks Golden Lure Tournament at Port Macquarie reported record numbers of marlin on the bite!

Hopefully the good water and fishing will hang around for the Interclub at the end of Feburary.

Also Sydney G.F.C. boat Ambition tagged a blue and a black marlin. I did hear of alot of other boats tagging fish last weekend......

Correction... 2 Blues and a Black. :D

Blues were about 150Kg and the Black 70kg.

I will be fishing most weekends in Feb and March up there... I can't wait :yahoo:

:D

Just a quick update from Port Stephens. Marquis has been raiseing fish everyday!!! :thumbup: Alot of big stripes and blues also little blacks in close.

Charter boat Calypso went 7 from 9 bites today........5 stripes and 2 blacks!!! :biggrin2:

No no no, I don't wanna know ...................... :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Not fair.........

Ah well, I guess if I can't be there in person then I'm there in spirit, hope everyone gets into them, but I still ain't happy Jan :mad3:

Good luck to all participants.

A test post for me as a newbie here.

Just got back from Port Stephens Monday after a week and a bit up there fishing on Marquis. Weather was a cracker and the fishing was consistent. Managed to see fish every day and the bait and fish numbers (as well as boat numbers) starting to built on the regular grounds. Hopefully back next week for a couple of days and the week after for another 10 or so.

A test post for me as a newbie here.

Just got back from Port Stephens Monday after a week and a bit up there fishing on Marquis. Weather was a cracker and the fishing was consistent. Managed to see fish every day and the bait and fish numbers (as well as boat numbers) starting to built on the regular grounds. Hopefully back next week for a couple of days and the week after for another 10 or so.

Welcome aboard Mark, are you fishing the interclub.

Cheers Silvo

Gday Silvo. No not hanging around for the Interclub. Will be bringing boat back last week of Feb and fish Sydney while no-ones around.

Mad Mullet info for Interclub is on website www.nswgfa.com.au

Plan to do the same thing, went 1,1,1 on Aust Day out of Botany, Heading down to Ulladulla today for the Jess Sams Tourny.

Cheers Silvo

Gday Steve,

One advantage of going for 4 weeks is fishing when the weather's good and it suits us instead of when some tournament schedule is layed out months in advance for you. However it has been mentioned but no real decision either way as at this stage.

Gday Steve,

One advantage of going for 4 weeks is fishing when the weather's good and it suits us instead of when some tournament schedule is layed out months in advance for you. However it has been mentioned but no real decision either way as at this stage.

Mark

Very Busy with work. Will be fishing SHOOTOUT with Mike on REEF MAGIC subject to weather.

Hope to catch up with Rob and yourself in Port Stephens

Steve

Hi all,

Fished yesterday in fairly ordinary conditions. Looked at the FAD to begin with zero's. Headed south to The Carpark and raised 2 fished that did not seemed overly interested no matter what we tried. There was only 3 boats at The Carpark and 1 boat was hooked up. Water colour was great and 24.2. The run home and the entrance was very uncomfortable.

Managed to tag and release 2 scuba divers at Halifax Park caught in the strong winds and current. They were exhausted.

Cheers,

Rabs

We fished out there yesterday Rabs in the Haines Hunter. Which boat were you in??

Outsider 625 - think you guys had a late start as did we. I noticed a Haines with outriggers coming up to Little Beach as we left. How did you guys get on???

Outsider 625 - think you guys had a late start as did we. I noticed a Haines with outriggers coming up to Little Beach as we left. How did you guys get on???

We didn't see any Marlin on the Friday, although 1 of the other boats working out there with us went 2 2 0.

There were plenty of Dolphin Fish though. We got 2 x 8kg females and a 21kg Bull.

Got a cple of nice striped Marlin earlier in the week.

Managed to tag and release 2 scuba divers at Halifax Park caught in the strong winds and current. They were exhausted.

Cheers,

Rabs

Good job on the T&R mate, those things don't BBQ too well :1prop:

So how's the new weapon mate? Is Splinters up there yet?

Hope you guys see some serious action, I'm crushed I couldn't get up there.

Good job on the T&R mate, those things don't BBQ too well :1prop:

So how's the new weapon mate? Is Splinters up there yet?

Hope you guys see some serious action, I'm crushed I couldn't get up there.

Howdy Mik,

The weapon is going well. I wont even going into the drama we had with the Heavy Vehicle Inspections and the RTA for what is a brand new Redco trailer - jokers.

Splinters has it this week fishing Narooma amd Bermi and I will take it back up Port for March. A pity you couldn't make Port although the weather was pretty ordinary, the boys played golf and a few(????) ales made up for things. :beersmile: When are you coming down?? The water is looking good.

Rabs

When are you coming down?? The water is looking good.

Rabs

Mate I'm actually planning an offshore trip before end of Feb maybe early March. Things are a little tight at the moment so I have to wait & see. I will give you guys a call before my plans get finalised.