1 Fish + 1 Shark

Daid

Question

8 answers to this question

Top is a Pike and the shark is a Wobbegong. Pike are no good to eat but the wobbegong sharks make great tucker. However they are now protected.

Nathan

i dont think its a wobbegong i thought they had much more wiskers where as that doesnt have any.

no clue what it is but

luke

First one is a Long-finned Pike(Dinolestes lewini). I've never caught one, however they make excellent bait and should definately be kept for bait

Shark is most likely a Wobbegong ( Orectolobus maculatus), but could be an Epaulette shark( Hemiscyllium ocellatum) - however having said that the colouring and body type is more Wobbe than EP.

Hope this clears things up.

A.Dawg,

I stand corrected my friend- yes I would have to concur that the "shark" more closely resembles a Blind Shark (Brachaelurus waddi).

I love this "trivia" part of Fishraider! - yep I'm a nerd.

Matt

P.S- these harmless ugly denizen's should always be returned to the drink- there are plenty of other fish to catch that are in great numbers.

Thanks for all the input. And all this time I thought the top one was a Gemfish :1prop:

I fried it up, tasted pretty good =) Just caught another one the other night. Its always the odd pike, just get 1.

Thought it was a wobby when my mate dragged it in, since it was protected we threw it back.